important data not appear in order confirmation email

orgonita

Hello 

Last orders that both the customers and I we received do not show important data as the ordered item, quantity and cost. 

Only are visible from the admin panel (fortunately) seems like nothing has been bought and generates distrust to the customers.

Can I do something about it?

Sample Image attached

Hello,

I have not edited any template.

I´m running the latest version.

This occurs before upgrading to the latest version and also after updating.

All I did was sort and rename some of the product categories                            Â¿...?

Thanks for your help :)

From the screenshot of the email, I notice there are no accented characters. For example, Dirección de facturación, but your email is Direccion de facturacion. So that tells me that at some point, something isn't agreeing to use the UTF-8 character encoding. But we can deal with that later.

I see that for the line where the product name and quantity should be, there is the presence of a formatted price (formatted, meaning it includes a currency symbol), and it is 0.00. For there to be something wrong with the email template, there would be nothing there, just like there is nothing for the name and quantity. So, I will say the problem is not with the template or the emailer code.

More thoughts later.

Hello!

Now that you mention... about the accented characters:

Yes, I remember that I modified accented words at some point because I preferred to receive messages with words without accents to receive messages with strange characters.

TEST:

In case it helps I just made a new test and the order arrives OK but last days I get few real orders with data missing .  It seems is working somehow random.

Thanks a lot ... I hope we can find the problem :)

I've traced out the code in CC527 and there is nothing I can see that would cause an item listed in the order to be missing (as if the category were disabled, or if the item status were disabled).

The only place where I can see something going wrong, is where the code makes a query to the database getting all records from CubeCart_order_inventory, and for some reason, the database doesn't want to send that data to CubeCart.

If the database doesn't send that data, then the variable that holds that data will equal to false, and the code that populates the email template can't work with false.

But, you also say that the admin sees the items in the Order Details screen. So, I'm comfortable with saying there is no real problem with the database.

CC527 introduced a new function that does a better job of putting data into a format useable by the emailer.

Do you have access to a PHP error log? If so, are there any interesting log entries? You will have to FTP into your site to find the error log, or you may need to log in to your hosting control panel and see if there is an error log there (not the access log, don't need that).

The next test will be to put some statements that will add entries to CubeCart's error log.

Last orders that both the customers and I we received do not show important data as the ordered item, quantity and cost. 

Only are visible from the admin panel (fortunately) seems like nothing has been bought and generates distrust to the customers.

This is a problem that one client (and only one out of all of our V5 clients) has been reporting for many months and still happens on 5.2.8 but has been happening for many previous versions.  It doesnt happen for all orders and there seems to be no pattern to when it happens.  It is a standard 5.2.8 site with no core changes to any area although it was a site that was upgraded from a V3 site originally so was your site also upgraded from a prior version ?   Is there any pattern to which customers this happens with and do you use customer groups at all ?

Thanks

Ian

Hello bsmither... 

Thanks ... yes,  can see via FTP and there is an error_log file which had also yesterday last date modified .. 

I just download the file,  what else to do?

Ian (Havenswift -hosting):

Here the answers to your questions:

Yes, my store comes upgraded from cubecart 3

I cannot detect the pattern which makes that happen    :(

Yes I have just one customer group activated (since more than one year) but never used so I can delete if need.

Your specific problem is in the Print Order Form gateway. In here, the gateway itself is assembling the data needed to populate and send an Order Confirmation email to the customer, if the setting in the POF gateway config screen has enabled the "Send order confirmation email?". (Personally, I think the POF should be using the exact same code in the Order class.)

The faulting statement is attempting to merge databased data about the item with data already stored about the item in the Order Inventory. (That is to say, the data about the item stored in the Inventory list for that order, is not the complete set of data available from the store's database record for that item.)

So, when the statement $GLOBALS['catalogue']->getProductData($item['product_id']) returns something other than an array to merge with the order inventory item's data, the result is nothing at all.

And that is what is appearing in the email. Nothing.

The same problem, however, occurs in the Order class. There, the same problem occurs that $GLOBALS['catalogue']->getProductData($item['product_id']) is not returning what is expected.

I will attempt to find a fix.

For the item that is not showing in the email, please verify that it is assigned to at least one category that is both enabled and visible.

The replay says, yes. So, this is not the problem. But this scenario looks very much like a smoking gun!

Further investigation shows that the item data sets that are not getting listed in the email have an upside down question mark as part of the product's name.

Knowing that this store was upgraded from CC3 to CC524(?), then to CC528, could the database still not be at UTF-8 encoding?

Further investigation shows that items are still being replaced by blank lines, even after having the upside down question mark removed from the product's name. Also, in admin, Maintenance, Database tab, all columns show as utf8.

Troubleshooting continues.

(FYI: The Vector skin version in use does not know about the new 'tiny' image mode.)