How to Add a Macro?

Dirty Butter

The list of "macros" you see below the edit window for an email is informational only. You can see the list in the file /admin/sources/documents.email.inc.php.

This list pulls the associated phrase from the language pack to display the description of each macro.

The actual data that is collected and made available to an email template that is being constructed just before being sent out does closely match the macros listed, but plugins may add to, or remove, actual data that CubeCart supplies to Smarty, which is responsible for building the email from the template.

I had hoped that would be enough for me to figure this out for myself, but my attempt did not work.

One of the things I lost when I messed up while toying with v6beta was adding the item description at time of purchase to the Confirmation email. (Needed because the next time we find a toy the condition may not be quite the same, so the description could vary by the time the customer receives the item.)

It does print out on the Packing Slip, and I know the string there is

{$item.prodDesc}.

That is what I want added to the Order Confirmation email at the point where payment has processed.