v6 Foundation Category Sort issue

This is what the HTML shows from the browser, and the template code:

<form action="https://dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog/.html" class="autosubmit" method="post">
<form action="{$VAL_SELF}" class="autosubmit" method="post">

In all the HTML that uses VAL_SELF (currency and language selectors), it is empty. CANONICAL is also empty.

In gui.class.php, line 221, there is:

$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('VAL_SELF',  currentPage());

At the end of the function currentPage(), it is run through SEO.

With CubeCart's debug turned on, what is the $_GET['seo_path'] value?

The above might not be so critical to know. Obviously the .htaccess file is working, otherwise CubeCart wouldn't have an ['seo_path'] to fetch the category.

So, we need to focus on currentPage(), SEO->getItem() and SEO->SEOable() in your installation. The code is fine in my installation. You might also check the demo.

"But I don't understand #4."

There's always a chance that you would.

But, until I can get a more detailed procedure for you to follow to help track down where the problem lies, my stated hypotheses are for anyone else who wants to put in a bit of effort to look over some code.

We might also want to look at some records in your CC6 database.

I think this happens:

* CubeCart uses "health-related-plush" to query for the appropriate values for _a=type and the item_id.

* CubeCart then uses the values of _a and the item_id to query for the path when making the currentPage().

So, maybe there are records in the CubeCart_seo_urls table where the path is empty for a type: cat and an item_id of the category_id for health-related-plush.

Let's try this:

In admin, Store Settings, Search Engines tab, set the "Add subcategories to category URL path?" to Yes.

But I think I found the actual problem.

In /classes/seo.class.php, lines 231-235:

Was:
if($GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'seo_cat_add_cats') == 0) {
  // Get last part of path
  $cat_parts = explode('/', $path);
  $path = array_pop($path_parts);
}

Now:
if($GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'seo_cat_add_cats') == 0) {
  // Get last part of path
  $cat_path_parts = explode('/', $path);
  $path = array_pop($cat_path_parts);
}

I tried your code change WITHOUT changing and adding the categories or subcategories to the SEO url's. It works! Tested every which way I could think of.

But it did reveal another issue - the little box that should show the quantity - is not. We only have 1 of most items, but Sorting TY for (Stock High to Low) sorts in the correct order, but all say 1 in the little box.

Ah - I took the Buy Now OFF. The more I thought about it, it doesn't make sense to give the customer a way to buy WITHOUT reading the description. Since our items are all used, there is normally a description of condition, as well as description of the product. Thanks again - I know how to comment out the little box LOL.

• 3 weeks later...

The Sort is not working for me again. I have upgraded to 6.0.1 AND all the GitHub changes completed as of today for 6.0.2. I'm using Foundation v5.5.1.

I had to replace your $cat_path_parts part on seo.class.php - I would have expected it to be in the 6.0.1 code. I'ts my fault that I didn't comment your fix in my code, and I failed to notice that it wasn't there when I ported all my edits to 6.0.1 and a half.

Any suggestions about where else to look?