No Decimal point in currency

*** Solution Here: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> ***

Installed 6.0.0 over a 5.2.12 install on a test site.

Everything went fine, no errors or warnings. One problem, no decimal point in the currency - as per image. Correct price should be £3.99 so in fact there is an extra 0 as well.

The database was imported in 5.2.12 and worked fine. 

Currency settings are correct in SETTINGS

I am sure I have seen this before - have I? Or is it to late for my tired old brain!

Tim

You may have seen this discussed before.

The database schema for CC5.2 is not 100% compatible with CC6. When you start to use CC6, you must allow it to upgrade the database schema - specifically, for this anomaly, the table that holds all the currencies.

I installed a clean copy of 5.2.12, made sure it was working and then upgraded using upgrade from the admin side. That worked fine.

I then imported the database with phpmyadmin - no problems.

My first thought was to look at the currency settings and sure enough I think that is where the problem is. The decimal point is set at 0 and I can't change it via the admin side.

I am now going to remove everything and try installing a clean copy of 5.2.12 and using the overwrite method of upgrading to 6.0.0.

I'll be back!

You are asking for problems doing it that way. It's unlikely your DB structure is correct. All may seem ok now but you may well run into problems. 

The decimal point is set at 0 and I can't change it via the admin side.

This is because the database has a TINYINT value for the currency symbol and not TINYBLOB. 

I can only assume you have this issue from importing a database that is v5 and not v6. 

The beta 3 upgrade changes the symbol_decimal to tinyint to varchar(10) and then sets the values to a decimal dot. 

Why can't you run the upgrade script as instructed?

"Why can't you do as you are told" :P

Ha.. sorry that came across badly!

OK so I have found the problem.. the setup process skips all the beta upgrade steps.

Before going down the reinstall route, I thought I would have a look at the database and that is where the problem is.

I have to be honest, I don't understand the way that MySql works, so I don't understand the error message I get when I try to change the default 0 to a point.

Is it my server or a big?

Tim