v6.0.1 Password length issue

While placing my order there was a message that "Your password is less than 6 characters. We recommend that you change it. "

However as a NEW customer I don't even have a password yet and it would not let me change it without a former one.

I was able to complete my order anyway but would like to update this for any future orders. How can I do that?

This was sent by a new customer today. She has completed her order, but I would like to stop this from happening again. And I need to tell her what to do now as well to fix her short password.

I just did a test order by registering from the Checkout screen, rather than registering and then putting an item in the basket. I was not given the chance to create a password. I just got the same error message about password length that our customer did. She is in the database as a Registered User, but obviously created the order as if she were a Ghost. I knew how to stop Ghost customers in v5, but I don't know how in v6.

I seem to have done the code change to registered only correctly:

content.checkout.confirm.php

<div class="row">
{*<div class="small-12 large-8 columns"><input type="checkbox" name="register" id="show-reg" value="1" {$REGISTER_CHECKED}><label for="show-reg">{$LANG.account.create_account}</label></div>*}
<div class="small-12 large-8 columns"><input type="hidden" name="register" id="show-reg" value="1" {$REGISTER_CHECKED}>
</div>
<div id="account-reg">
   <h3>{$LANG.account.password}</h3>
   <div class="row">
      <div class="small-12 large-8 columns"><label for="reg_password" class="show-for-medium-up">{$LANG.account.password}</label></span><input type="password" autocomplete="off" name="password" id="reg_password"  required  placeholder="{$LANG.account.password} (at least 6 characters) {$LANG.form.required}"></div>
   </div>
   <div class="row">
      <div class="small-12 large-8 columns"><label for="reg_passconf" class="show-for-medium-up">{$LANG.user.password_confirm}</label></span><input type="password" autocomplete="off" name="passconf" id="reg_passconf"  required  placeholder="{$LANG.user.password_confirm} {$LANG.form.required}"></div>
   </div>
</div>

Problem is, the password section shown here is NOT showing on the Store. That's why she didn't create one and registered without it.

This is a MAJOR issue!! I have no idea where to look for why the code is not showing on the Storefront.

• 2 weeks later...

I've played around with this some more, and the only way I've been able to get the password creation section to show is to show the checkbox for registering. As soon as I hide the checkbox, the password section is hidden as well. I thought it might be caused by the <div class="small-12 large-8 columns"> not showing the password section, but I couldn't come up with a div combination that showed the password section without showing the registration checkbox as well.

I really don't want to deal with ghost customers, but as it stands I have no choice. This was so easy to do in v5, but I can't get it to work in v6.

Evidently the password issue was not all of my problem. Al sent a fix, however.

Leave the Registration link as it is in stock install, but change the div class row to "hidden".

<div class="row hide">
<div class="small-12 large-8 columns"><input type="checkbox" name="register" id="show-reg" value="1" {$REGISTER_CHECKED}><label for="show-reg">{$LANG.account.create_account}</label></div>
</div>