Upgrading.

Unfortunately we have got a bit behind with our upgrading ( we are on CC v 5.2.14 and we now need to upgrade to CC v 6.0.4) as I shied away from trying to do it last time for fear of messing everything up after the message came up telling us to upgrade manually. 

Just before the last time I was going to upgrade we kept getting messages telling us to remove our setup file as the site was at risk, and it was after that we could no longer upgrade automatically.

I found the response I got last time I asked but was unsure where to download the CC archives from to be able to start the process.

Any help with this much needed upgrade would be most appreciated.

Thanks

There are a few approaches to this:

* CubeCart's Technical Support and Maintenance Plan for one month.

* Move your hosting to HavenSwift Hosting and get assistance with the migration and upgrade.

* Try it yourself.

If it's DIY, you should evaluate how large your store is at: images, database records, etc. If using the admin, Maintenance functions, CubeCart will want to back that up first if you don't take of it prior to attempting to upgrade. Here's a Knowledgebase article.

Fetch the latest version from the download page.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Having upgraded to the latest version and then deleting the setup folder as advised however, we now have a new problem in that upon trying to leave the main front storefront page the buyer is directed to our setup page from which which the cube cart upgrade was carried out. Not sure what is going on! The admin side of the site seems to be functioning properly.

Any clues as to what has gone wrong?

Sorry - didn't make it very clear. If you click on a product on the store main page (to find out more information about that item for instance),  instead of being directed to the product information page you are directed to the server setup page.

No matter what you click on , you end up on that same set up page. 

upon trying to leave the main front storefront"

Leave?! How? Going where?

Please find and examine the file /includes/global.inc.php.

If there are any statements having these variables, delete them:

$glob['storeURL']
$glob['standard_url']
$glob['ssl_url']
$glob['cookie_domain']
$glob['rootRel']
$glob['rootDir']

Other than that, check the .htaccess file to determine if there are any rewrite rules that point to the parked page.

Hi 

Thanks for your reply

None of those statements are there but I have noticed that under the staetment

$glob['dbdatabase'] = ........ and 

$glob['dbpassword'] = ..........

and $glob['dbusername'] = .......

I noticed that these are not the username and password that we use for our domain provider. Are these cube cart ones or have they somehow been changed? In which case if I change them back to ours will this solve the problem? Also how has this occurred if it is?

The host, database name, username, and password are specific to connect to the database server -- which is not the same place that one connects to their hosting control panel, FTP server, email server, or any other server.

Although, many hosting providers will automatically create the database user using variations of the control panel or hosting account login username.

Can you rephrase what you mean by "our domain provider"? That company that manages the registration of your domain name is not necessarily the same company that sells you a hosting package.

In the main folder of your CubeCart installation.

If CubeCart is installed in a sub-folder (i.e., www.mydomain.com/store/), then there may also be an .htaccess file in the main web folder of your hosting space.

If you FTP into your hosting space, you may be initially shown your account's "root" folder. In this folder you will see a bunch of files and folders, but one specific folder that may say /public_html/. It is in /public_html/ that your main web site is located -- whether that be CubeCart or something else.

In our FTP I can see three folder options;

cgi-bin

public_html 

When I did the upgrade I uploaded the files into the www folder. Was this incorrect - should I have put uploaded them to the public-html one?

It is interesting that you have both a /www/ and a /public_html/ folder, but it's not illegal.

Somewhere in your hosting control panel (cPanel, maybe?) is a setting that points your domain name to that specific folder within your hosted space. Based on your observations, I will say that the pointer is making reference to /public_html/.

But here's the conundrum: If you can initially get to a CubeCart page, maybe just /index.php, why do the links point to someplace else? Generally speaking, CC5/6 does a very good job of figuring out exactly where it is.

No idea! You guys are the experts - not me. Should I redo the upload but to the public.html folder?

The only control panel I know about for my hosting is on the easy space website - can't see anything on there which tells me anything helpful.

"Should I redo the upload but to the public_html folder?"

You certainly can. Then copy over the /includes/global.inc.php file from the /www/ folder.

You may want to get some customer support from Easy Space to discover where your domain is pointing to and how to change it, if necessary. And also ask why are pages being served from two different locations.

Hi again!

Tried all that - apart from talking to Easy Space obviously(!) - no joy.

I've just been told that when I first did the upgrade a few days ago it was working fine - this rerouting problem has only just started over the last couple of days!

Makes even less sense now.

Please let me know if you think of anything else.

Thanks.

These are my observations which are not the same as observations that have been posted above.

There needs to be an .htaccess (note the period in front) file in the main CubeCart folder that has at least these statements:

#### Rewrite rules for SEO functionality ####
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico
  RewriteRule ^(.*)\.html?$ index.php?seo_path=$1 [L,QSA]
</IfModule>

Plus, the web server needs to be configured to use the 'mod_rewrite' functions.

Clicking on a search-engine-friendly link (SEF), gives me a 404 Page Not Found.

I am not taken to an alternate website.

In admin, Store Settings, Search Engines tab, CubeCart 6 will automatically install the correct .htaccess file.

The .htaccess file i have is under the www folder and this its content

## File Security
<FilesMatch "\.(htaccess)$">
 Order Allow,Deny
 Deny from all
</FilesMatch>

#### Apache directory listing rules ####
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html
IndexIgnore *

#### Rewrite rules for SEO functionality ####

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On

######## START v4 SEO URL BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY ########
  RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (.*)$
  RewriteRule cat_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?(.*)$ index.php?_a=category&cat_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule prod_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=product&product_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule info_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=document&doc_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule tell_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=product&product_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule _saleItems(\.[a-z]+)?(\?.*)?$ index.php?_a=saleitems&%1 [NC,L]
  ######## END v4 SEO URL BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY ########

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico
  RewriteRule ^(.*)\.html?$ index.php?seo_path=$1 [L,QSA]
</IfModule>

As you can see the statements you mentioned are all in there along with more.

You also mentioned the admin, store settings, search engine tab - is the on the admin side of the site? If it is where is the part for Cubecart to install the correct .htaccess file?