New here. Making a digital store

Hdaackda

Hello all!

Just bought a domain, some hosting space installd CubeCart! I'm planning to sell only digital goods :) I live the Cube!!

Added my first test product and it worked ok... Just one question for now.. Since I'll be selling audiobooks (they can be huge), does CubeCart support resuming? I tried setting maximum downloads to infinite (to help with resuming), it did work with chrome, but with Internet download manager, it didnt.. not sure it its officially supported!

Anyways thanks for such a great AND FREE product!!!

Love

I think that CubeCart's managed* download process does not support 'resume'. On the other hand, if the download location is a fully qualified URL, CubeCart 6 will tell the browser to fetch the file directly, under the direct control of the web server. In this case, I would think if the web server has a plugin (or built-in feature) to manage the download, then 'resume' would be a process belonging to the web server.

*CC5/6 will set up the headers informing the browser that what is to follow is a binary file to be saved. Then spits it out in smallish chunks to the end. There is no monitoring of the progress.

"setting maximum downloads to infinite"

This gives the customer who purchased this item the freedom to download it as many times as they wish (an uncounted download count). A companion setting gives the customer the freedom to download the file at any time (an unexpireable expiry time).

I think that CubeCart's managed* download process does not support 'resume'. On the other hand, if the download location is a fully qualified URL, CubeCart 6 will tell the browser to fetch the file directly, under the direct control of the web server. In this case, I would think if the web server has a plugin (or built-in feature) to manage the download, then 'resume' would be a process belonging to the web server.

*CC5/6 will set up the headers informing the browser that what is to follow is a binary file to be saved. Then spits it out in smallish chunks to the end. There is no monitoring of the progress.

​If I input an outside link in the downloads (as I might be running out of space on my server anyways..), will it be secured? As in, right now CubeCart can Limit the number of downloads OR the Time.. but if I select a link, lets say, from dropbox or any other direct link.. will CubeCart hide that from a normal customer (i know experience gurus can still figure out file location somehow :S )

No and yes. As you surmise, computer savvy folks can learn what the 302 Redirect points to. In that respect, no, once the URL of the file is known, you must employ other measures to restrict access to the file.

But the link provided by CubeCart in the Download Email and the Customer Downloads page of their Account will still look like any other download link. And those links can be valid for a combination together of the number of times the link was received by Cubecart, and the time span that CubeCart will honor the link.