Resolved - Legal Question

Javier jav

Hello and Good Day!

I can remove all references to CubeCart in the system and create a registration system for getting online stores in subdomains and getting paid for it? Your licence allow this? I am developer and I need understand if is legal and you allow this. Thank You.

I have moved your topic to this forum as it is more suitable than in support and I have also deleted the duplicate that you opened in another thread.

I understand that you have already discussed this with Al who owns CubeCart so you should have had your answer from him ?  If not the CubeCart code is licenced under GPL-3.0 and you can read about what you are and are not allowed to do here https://www.gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.html

Ian

Thank you!

Maybe there was a confusion , I do not speak good English, I do not want to delete credit from the source code and distribute it, I want to remove links to CubeCart in the visual part ( footer , login , admin footer , logos, etc. ) and I want to sell online stores in subdomains.

The licence say:

Permitted

•  Commercial Use
  •  Distribution
  •  Modification
  •  Patent Grant
  •  Private Use

I understand I can do this. But if you say no, I understand, I appreciate your time and I'll leave it.