The page isn't redirecting properly

onebrowncow

The page isn't redirecting properly error in firefox and too many redirects safari cannot load page.

All seemed to be working fine last week now I can't get to the checkout page with the pop up box without the above error and the empty basket function has stopped working.

I've cleared the caches, forced update, deleted and replaced the htaccess file but nothing!

stuck on this one with no idea how to sort it, fearing a complete re-install on this one.

Any help appreciated

Hi bsmither I had been logged in as admin most of the day. I've just come home from the office where I was working and encountered the problem and without logging in I have just used the site fine. Have I somehow managed to confuse the browser with an assortment of cookies?

Confuse the browser? I doubt it.

The redirecting behaviour was occurring at your workstation at your office? So, does your office have any kind of central proxy server, active directory controller, master anti-virus gateway, or anything that might sit between your workstation and the 'outside', or your office's ISP might be caching recent pages that we might be able to blame for that behaviour?

I have a mobile set up at work due to the temporary nature of the location I'm in, basically a pop-up shop! so my internet access at work is via a 4G simcard dongle over a mobile network. The laptop, ipad and a printer all connect to that network via wifi. I had just tried adding leverage browser caching in the .htaccess file but removed it shortly afterwards due to the problem.