Separate images for Product Options?

meritmart

Hey all, first post and only just started messing with CubeCart, but looks like good fun and hope to be around for a while :)

OK, here's my dilemma and I hope it's been raised before with some solution but couldn't find it ... basically I'm looking to be able to add images individually to product options, in much the same way as is available on Ebay for example.   So, we create, say, 10 options for patterns of socks (stripes/plain/wave/circles/triangles etc etc) and apply a picture to each showing the specific style/pattern and when the customer chooses a style from the product page the correct image shows up?.

Or does that option already exist and I'm just dense and missing something?

Cheers in advance

Marko

Thanks for the welcome, just spotted this (always the same, you search search search, can't find it, post it and BANG, found it after all !!!)

I followed the link in that thread and someone offered a mod but it's a little over the top in regards to price, they want something like £42 and then £18 annually? I can appreciate a coders time is valuable, but it's still a little steep, £20 and I would certainly have considered it, but not £42 with another £18 every year :(

Marko

The problem is, many people simply do not "appreciate the coders time" which is why there are so few professional and quality programmers for plugins or skins left working with CubeCart - many people expect everything for nothing.  It isnt just the time to develop it in the first place, it is then testing and upgrading where necessary after each CubeCart release (one release of V5 meant almost a complete rewrite of this plugin !) as well as answering support tickets to people that buy items.  There used to be a lot of good programmers around CubeCart many years ago who sold items for one off prices and then simply couldnt support the number of sales when getting no extra revenue and so simply disappeared - how does that help users of products ?

Ian

It's pretty much supply and demand Ian, you hit the nail on the head - My intention wasn't to disrespect your mod or your time, it's purely a matter of having one's own opinion on what is considered acceptable or justifiable.   If I were earning £1000 a month from a cart, £42 and £18 per annum thereafter would be a snip, but until then .... ;)

Edited by meritmart