Duplicate metadata page=all url's

Dirty Butter

These show up as Duplicate Meta Data, and they do go to the same page and have the same metadata:

dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog/index.php?seo_path=enesco-plush-animals&page=all

dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog/enesco-plush-animals.html?page=all

Edited by Dirty Butter

/index.php?seo_path=enesco-plush-animals&page=all

The seo_path part of the querystring should never have been visible outside CubeCart. This is the interim syntax between the .htaccess rewrites and what CubeCart looks for in the seo_urls database table. It doesn't exist for very long, and, as I said, (should) not be visible to the browser.

Although, a search reveals a number of hits where seo_path is in the URL of a CubeCart store.

So, we can make an effort to find out where this link is being shown by CubeCart.

Can you have Google discard all the URLs with ?seo_path=xxx?

This won't help, of course, when a link with this in it is found on another site. And this other site happened to catch this URL during an earlier version of CC6.

I'm wondering if links with this in it is being found somewhere, somehow on your site.

I Disallowed it in all my robots.txt files. Hopefully that will do it.

The most likely place to find such links that I have control over is in comments on plushmemories.com, as that site has been active since early 2000's. But I didn't find any by Searching on phpMyAdmin for %?seo_path=%.