Font size Categories

JulieD

Hi.

I'm new and totally new to CubeCart.  I've done quite well and am feeling quite chuffed that I have managed to get my store up and running with a couple of products....

but I have just noticed that the category description font is like out of control and I have no idea how to fix it or if I did something

e.g. http://tedandfriends.com.au/coffee-time-multipack-3-machine-embroidery-designs-to-suit-4-x-4-hoop-instant-download-put-the-coffee-on-pass-the-donuts.html

You can't miss it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JulieD

Welcome JulieD! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

The product name is shown using the HTML H1 font size. This is almost three times the size as the normal font size.

You didn't do anything wrong. But I have two points to make:

1. For your product's name, there is good news and bad news. The more words, the better description, and the better to find such a product when searching. But that's also not necessary. A search will find those words in the product's actual description, so no need to to overload the product name with descriptive text. I suggest a simpler "Coffee Time Multipack".
2. The Foundation skin that ships with CC6 is intentionally simple and in some ways, some parts are out of proportion. If you have any HTML web page design skills, you will be able to make changes to the display to suit your needs. You might also find a more suitable skin in the Marketplace.

Since you are just starting your store, I would agree that shorter titles would probably be more useful to your customers. Also, the disclaimer about needing an embroidery machine shows up BEFORE the description of the design package. That makes all the item descriptions on the category pages look alike.

As for the font sizes, I changed mine from within the skin/css/foundation.css file somewhere around line 3500. I use a renamed foundation skin, so upgrades do not erase any changes I made to this file. If you will only be making a few changes, a better choice is to copy over the section of h1, h2, etc. sizes to cubecart.css and make your changes there - those changes are NOT erased when CC is upgraded and they take priority over the stock foundation.css values.

You can see this size combination at https://dirtybutterestates.com.

h1 {
  font-size:1.75rem; } //SIZES OF TITLES

h2 {
  font-size: 1.50rem; }

h3 {
  font-size: 1.2rem; }

h4 {
  font-size: 1.0rem; }

h5 {
  font-size: 0.75rem; }

h6 {
  font-size: 0.50rem; }
}

This still seems to me to be what I would want to see from the Category page. You could put that part in the Short Description, if you need to keep the full description as you now have it.

Filled machine embroidery designs: Includes Bacon and Egg, Cereal and Milk & Bread and Butter

This still seems to me to be what I would want to see from the Category page. You could put that part in the Short Description, if you need to keep the full description as you now have it.

Filled machine embroidery designs: Includes Bacon and Egg, Cereal and Milk & Bread and Butter

Ah ha!  Did that and it does look so much better!  Thanks again.