Change Store to using domain rather than IP

CoderJim

That should happen automatically, except for the "Shop by Category", or 'Navigation' menu. (For some reason, 'full' web addresses are part of the links for this area, and the contents of this area is cached.)

In admin, Maintenance, Clear the Cache.

Every place else - links to products in Latest Products and other side boxes - should have 'relative' links.

However, I do see this:

www.satique.com/~satiquec/store/returns-policy.html

This may be a remnant in the .htaccess file, or in admin, Store Settings, SSL tab.

Okay, thanks. I flushed the cache and I did update the store/admin/ssl to reflect the domain name and looked over the .htaccess, it lists ~satiquec/... only as it seems to relate to SEO. I also see all documents links are pre-domain, I can fix that link in the admin/doc/edit ... thanks for noticing.

Using the PayPal module (sandbox) is where this IP might be an issue since it sends the buyer back to the store via this link...

http://204.9.136.81/~satiquec/store/index.php?_a=confirm

and of course it kicks back a 'warning', (unsecure passage of info) the email receipt also contains a warning... that 'This message may be a scam', not that that's a big deal I suppose to us, we understand, but my concern is for the customer as well as the possibility that the email receipt will end up in their spam folder or worse, they consider the store might be dishonest. Would it make sense to reload the PayPal module?

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Gotcha, thanks. I replaced the PP module and that worked, sort of, it no longer is interpreted as spam/scam by email app.

but still inserts this into the return address...

http://www.satique.com/~satiquec/store/

The only place I see that path is in the .htaccess file, would it be okay for me to change that manually?

(I am no stranger to these file types)

#### Rewrite rules for SEO functionality ####
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteBase /~satiquec/store/

Thank you, as usual you were correct. It still 'warns' the cust. before returning to the store though the URL no longer contains the tilde data, but I'll take that up with PP and can return here and post what I discovered if you think it might possibly be useful to the forum.