Upgrading cubecart

Brian T

i've been told by my internet provider that they no longer supprot PHP version 5.2, which my current version of cubecart (v5.2.2) uses.  I'm hoping that upgrading to the msot up to date version will not cause any problems with the website.  However, when I've gone to the upgrade page and clicked the relevant button, it says UPgrade not possible, please perform a manual upgrade.

I've no idea how to do this.  Help please :)

WARNING: Your store is not up-to-date, v6.0.8 is available, but you are running v5.2.2

www.mentalstarters.co.uk

Let's be clear -- your hosting provider will want you to start using PHP 5.3 or 5.4, which CubeCart 5.2.2 can do easily.

What you will need to do, however, is to download the latest version of CC5 (CC5.2.17), extract just the index.php and admin.php files, and use them to replace just those two existing files on your site.

The CC522 files still want to be under a license management mechanism that, if moving to PHP 5.3 or 5.4, will require some playing about with the encoded files. CC5.2.17 has removed the need for the encoded files, thus no worries there about making sure the encoded files match the version of PHP.

Note: any third-party plugins you may have installed may be encoded - so moving to PHP 5.3 or 5.4 might involve getting updates from the third-party module proprietors.

For now, upgrading CubeCart 5 to CC6  is something to keep on the forefront of your concerns, but it's not imperative.

Hiya.
I've downloaded CC5. 2. 17  and replaced the admin.php and index.pho files (which are 2kb and 1kb in size) on my site.

When I then go into the cubecart control panel, and choose Server info under the advanced tab, it's still saying PHP version 5.2.17

I'm not sure how I get it to use PHP 5.3 or 5.4

I would think that your hosting provider would be upgrading your hosted platform: PHP, MySQL, cPanel, etc, as appropriate.

I would think that if your hosting provider says they no longer support PHP 5.2, then the time is imminent that they will install PHP 5.3 or 5.4 and switch your hosted platform to use it for you.

On the other hand, if you want to try it now, try looking in your hosting account's control panel for some method of choosing what version of PHP you want your hosted application(s) to run under.