[Resolved] Installing a new skin

RayF

Hi,

I would like to change the skin in v6 on my site www.topcatwoodcraft.co.uk to one that has the categories down the left side. Could I ask which of the free skins will be best for this and how do I install it? 

I tried installing a new skin by Manage Plugins in admin panel then getting the install code to auto install it but nothing changes. I can see the available skins listed in the Manage Plugins but I am unable to select one or make one active. I'm not that clued up on how CubeCart all works so what am I doing wrong?

Look forward to any help someone can provide me.

Thanks

Welcome RayF! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Skins are listed in admin, Manage Plugins, but only as a courtesy. They are not 'enabled' and 'disabled', so to speak.

Now, please visit admin, Store Settings, Layout tab. Here, you may set the storefront's default skin. In the drop-down selector, you should see all skins installed.

You can also set who has the opportunity to change the skin being shown. If the visitor or logged-in admin has been given that opportunity, there will be some kind of selector on the storefront.

• 3 weeks later...

FTP the named skin folder you want into the skins folder. Assuming you are using v6.0.8, that will already have Foundation in it. Then goto Admin>Store Settings>Layout to set your new skin as the default. You can then choose what customer choices you want them to have regarding the skin.