New at CubeCart

Sarmad54

A few days ago I installed CubeCart via the one click installation offered as part of a hosting plan by the Hostmonster hosting company. I have a few question on my mind:

1. Can one change the skin and how
  2. Can one change the direction of the program from left to right and where to import Arabic language from
  3. Can one make it as simple as making payment be made on delivery of the item to local purchaser. The credit card mechanism is not needed. I mean, if purchaser decides to buy an item he/she only presses BUY button and he/she will be switched to a form to fill in address and telephone no.. The merchant then delivers the item and get the money from the the purchaser.

I will be so grateful if there is anyone who can reply my queries

Edited by Sarmad54
corrections

Welcome to the forums, Sarmad54!

1. In the Admin area, down the left hand side, you will find a MODULES link to the Marketplace. From there you can find links for free and paid skins. Be sure to pick from skins that are compatible with v6, assuming you installed version 6.0.8. In Admin>Store Settings>Layout you can set your default skin.

2. IF there is a CC Arabic language set available (I didn't see one), it will also be found in the Marketplace.

I did find this link, but it's for v5. It may be that amir2 would be able to provide a newer version. Otherwise, you would need to edit the files to add Arabic translations for all phrases created since v5.15.

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=17413

That should take care of the change in text direction. Once you have downloaded the language file and enabled it, you can choose to make it the default language for your site in Admin>Store Settings>General tab.

3. There in a Print Order Form plugin available in the Marketplace as well. It is possible to change the wording if required to suit the merchant's needs.

https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/payment-gateways?page=2

Edited by Dirty Butter
Adding links

I have uploaded the Print Order Form and activated it. I also uploaded the module Shipping Method (Allinoneshipping module)

When I click add to my cart I get the error ( Sorry, you can't buy more than we have. We have automatically reduced your quantity to the maximum available.
Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.).

The first error may easy to tackle, but I am confused about the second error where it says that no suitable shipping method available for my order. I tried to resolve this error but could not because I could not find a way to associate orders with shipping method, I am using version 6. 

regards 

• Sorry, you can't buy more than we have. We have automatically reduced your quantity to the maximum available.
  • Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.
  • Sorry, you can't buy more than we have. We have automatically reduced your quantity to the maximum available.
  • Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.
  • Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.rry, you can't buy more than we have. We have automatically reduced your quantity to the maximum available.

The All in One Shipping module has a Debug (Verbose) mode. Please enable the module and enable the debug mode. The module will cause a diagnostic chart to be displayed at checkout detailing why no suitable method was found.

Sorry to such naive questions as it is my first time I install the CubeCart. Where should I go to enable the module? I searched through the left side bar but could not find the enabling piece. Thanks

I was under the impression the merchant would not be shipping any items.

In fact this is my first time to having a look on such commerce program, I am practicing with it so as to avoid building my own E-commerce storefront with Drupal. The idea is becomes simple when you dispense with having payment be made with Credit cards. The idea is confined to having cash on delivery. Customer select a product to purchase, click on buy button, fill his/her address, address become known to seller, seller send the product and get the money from the purchaser on delivery of the product. That is all. I am grateful for any help in this regard

Thanks 

Edited by Sarmad54

In admin, on the left, click "Manage Plugins". From the list of plugins that are installed, click the Edit icon of All in One Shipping (you mention you have this installed).

There is a row of tabs at the top: General, Shipping Zones, and Add Shipping Zone.

On the General tab, make sure Status is checked. Also, click on the "Show Advanced Settings". Enable "Flat Rate Component". Then Save.

There may be a Shipping Zone set up already. Click on that tab. Click "Add New Shipping Rates". Enter "Delivery Charge" and a value (do not include the currency symbol). Click Save.

Again, on the General tab, select Debugging (Verbose) and Save.

Make a test purchase.

In admin, on the left, click "Manage Plugins". From the list of plugins that are installed, click the Edit icon of All in One Shipping (you mention you have this installed).

There is a row of tabs at the top: General, Shipping Zones, and Add Shipping Zone.

On the General tab, make sure Status is checked. Also, click on the "Show Advanced Settings". Enable "Flat Rate Component". Then Save.

There may be a Shipping Zone set up already. Click on that tab. Click "Add New Shipping Rates". Enter "Delivery Charge" and a value (do not include the currency symbol). Click Save.

Again, on the General tab, select Debugging (Verbose) and Save.

Make a test purchase.

Thank you so much. I did what you said but I am still getting the error ( Unfortunately there are no shipping methods available for your order...). Is there a way that we can set shipping methods for orders ? I would like seller to deliver product by hand and get the money from purchaser.

)

What you are describing sounds like Cash on Delivery (COD). But you evidently want to charge the customer some kind of delivery charge based on distance?

No sir, not at all, I only want (COD). We might think to include delivery charges in the price of the product. We  intend to deliver within a limited area of one city only. Thanks 

Edited by Sarmad54

If you will include the delivery overhead in the price of the product, then you do not need any kind of a shipping module.

Otherwise, there is a Flat Rate shipping module that will apply a fixed amount to every order, regardless of the order's sub-total. You can find the Flat Rate module in the Marketplace.

If you determine you do not need a shipping module, then in admin, Store Settings, Features tab, enable the setting "Allow physical orders even if no shipping options are available". I think this will suppress the error message for shipping and allow checkout using the Print Order Form.

Bsmither .... each product must have its own price... there should be no flat price. The only thing that is required here should go as the following scenario ... customer click on buy this product ... then he/she is taken to fill in address and phone number... purchase get product deliver at own location .... the purchaser settle the money to the person who delivered the product .... COD...  how can I customize CubeCart to work like this.

thanks

Bsmither mentioned Flat Rate Shipping for FUTURE INFORMATION, just in case you ever decided to add a set delivery charge to your orders. You said you would not be doing that, at least to begin with.

So all you should need for now is the Print Order Form and enable the Setting Bsmither described:

If you determine you do not need a shipping module, then in admin, Store Settings, Features tab, enable the setting "Allow physical orders even if no shipping options are available". I think this will suppress the error message for shipping and allow checkout using the Print Order Form.