[Resolved] Search Results Shown with apostrophe v6.0.8

Dirty Butter

I'm getting a backslash when I search for Carter's - I don't remember that happening previous to 6.0.8, but maybe it was doing it previously and I just didn't notice it.

Products found matching 'carter\'s'.

Is this a case of incorrectly merging my code with 6.0.8?

cubecart.class.php

if (isset($_REQUEST['search']) && is_array($_REQUEST['search'])) {
			if (!$GLOBALS['catalogue']->searchCatalogue($_REQUEST['search'], $page, $catalogue_products_per_page)) {
// BSMITHER ORIGINAL NOT FOUND SEARCH RESULTS REPLACED WITH "FOUND" CODE SO SEARCH ATTEMPT SHOWS FOR CUSTOMER
				//$GLOBALS['catalogue']->setCategory('cat_name', $GLOBALS['language']->navigation['search_results']);
$GLOBALS['catalogue']->setCategory('cat_name', sprintf($GLOBALS['language']->catalogue['notify_product_search'],$_REQUEST['search']['keywords']));
				$GLOBALS['gui']->addBreadcrumb($GLOBALS['language']->common['search'], 'index.php?_a=search');
				$GLOBALS['gui']->addBreadcrumb($GLOBALS['language']->navigation['search_results'], currentPage());
				$GLOBALS['gui']->setError($GLOBALS['language']->catalogue['error_search_no_results']);
			} else {
				$GLOBALS['catalogue']->setCategory('cat_name', sprintf($GLOBALS['language']->catalogue['notify_product_search'], htmlspecialchars($_REQUEST['search']['keywords'])));
				$GLOBALS['gui']->addBreadcrumb($GLOBALS['language']->common['search'], 'index.php?_a=search');
				$GLOBALS['gui']->addBreadcrumb($GLOBALS['language']->navigation['search_results'], currentPage());
			}

Edited by Dirty Butter

You can try making this edit (in two places):

From just this part:

$_REQUEST['search']['keywords']

To:

stripslashes($_REQUEST['search']['keywords'])

I also think the first occurrence of this part:

catalogue['notify_product_search'],$_REQUEST['search']['keywords']));

should be like the code of the second part:

catalogue['notify_product_search'],htmlspecialchars($_REQUEST['search']['keywords'])));

I had realized I needed to add the htmlspecialchars part, but had no idea how to add the stripslashes correctly. Thanks!

NOW

// BSMITHER ORIGINAL NOT FOUND SEARCH RESULTS REPLACED WITH "FOUND" CODE SO SEARCH ATTEMPT SHOWS FOR CUSTOMER
				//$GLOBALS['catalogue']->setCategory('cat_name', $GLOBALS['language']->navigation['search_results']);
$GLOBALS['catalogue']->setCategory('cat_name', sprintf($GLOBALS['language']->catalogue['notify_product_search'],$_REQUEST['search']['keywords']));
				$GLOBALS['catalogue']->setCategory('cat_name', sprintf($GLOBALS['language']->catalogue['notify_product_search'], htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($_REQUEST['search']['keywords']))));
				$GLOBALS['gui']->setError($GLOBALS['language']->catalogue['error_search_no_results']);
			} else {
				$GLOBALS['catalogue']->setCategory('cat_name', sprintf($GLOBALS['language']->catalogue['notify_product_search'], htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($_REQUEST['search']['keywords']))));
			}

May you have a wonderful 2016, @Bsmither !! You certainly deserve it!