is there any admin timeout

keat

In early versions of CC6, there was a programming logic error that would timeout the session after 1 hour - absolutely.

That got fixed, but another bug caused problems with Internet Explorer.

That got fixed, and now things seem to be working good.

However, if you have both the storefront and the admin open in the same browser instance (regardless of how many windows or tabs, they are sharing the same cookie), logging out, or having the session time out of either side will get you logged out of both sides.

Any time there is a problem with the cookie, the session is lost. Anytime there is a difference in your workstation's public IP address address (as if your ISP gave you a new dynamic IP) or a change in the browser's User Agent string (as if Chrome updated itself for the twelfth time this week), the session is lost.

I did have many windows open.

There was a point where I couldn't log in, even after changing the password.

I deleted the user account and couldnt recreate it it, due to the email address already existing.

After searching the database, I found another two instances of my email, so I'm guessing this may laso have had something to do with it.

Depending on the version of CC6, there is a "Brute Force" lockout - something like five times in one minute (???) of getting your password wrong blocks any attempt from your IP/User_Agent for five minutes.

I think successfully using the "reset password" feature resets the blocker. Admin logins do not use the email.