IP Address - Can anyone explain ??

keat

Is this site hosted at a commercial hosting provider? That is, as opposed to sitting on a development server on your home office LAN.

If the hosting provider has this Class C network connected to the machine that has your site on it, then perhaps there is a maintenance utility involved, such as "Are you up and running?" type of utility.

Just a guess.

There is also an aspect of proxies. The IP address determined may be influenced by the presence (or absence) of the Request Header "X-Forwarded-For". You can see what CubeCart loks at when trying to find the IP address at /includes/functions.inc.php, the get_ip_address() function.

A dedicated server? Does it have its own dedicated public IP address? (I assume so.) But is that dedicated IP address "routed" onto the LAN network?

It does have a dedicated IP, however, I've no idea how its connected at the data centre.

Interesting that you mentioned proxies though.

The server has mod security installed which has been rejecting proxy connections from the states over the last few days.

Noticing that the connection in question was 2 seconds, I wondered if mod security dropped it.

I checked the server logs, but connot see anything obvious.

Be careful of times. CubeCart may be reporting the PHP time as set by "Default Timezone", while the Apache access logs may be logging UTC.

So, if you can't find anything at 15:41 in the web server access logs, subtract (or add) your timezone difference from UTC and look there.