[Resolved] Orders status stuck in Processing

Moshe Nitzani

Hello

Many of the  orders with successful payments on our CubeCart,  have a status of 'Processing'.  Some do have 'Order Complete' and I can't see any difference between the two.  All of our items on CubeCart are not physical or digital good, we don't ship anything or allow buyers to download. We sell in-class courses.  

The transaction logs look the same, same payment gateway.  What makes the order get 'Order Complete' status?

Kind Regards

Moshe

I know of no mechanism where orders that contain physical (i.e. Non digital) products can get set to Completed status unless manually done by an admin user.  It makes no procedural sense to do this - having an rider at Processing status means "Order has been pad but needs further attention - i.e. Shipping".  You should check the transaction log for these orders to see what records there are

Ian

Hi Ian

Thanks for the reply.  It does make sense, but I looked at the transaction logs of a purchase that has a status of 'Processing' and one that has 'Order Complete' and both have a single record in the log, from the payment gateway, indicating a successful payment.

I manually changes the status of the order with 'Processing 'Status to 'Order complete'  The transaction logs don't change of course, but the order history does, and indicates a change in status, just like in the orders that were changed automatically.

I am happy with the knowledge that when the status indicates 'Processing' a payment has been received, so when doing data analysis, I can add these records to the the total sum received.

Kind Regards

Moshe