Make Payment - Language File

keat

I've discovered after returning back from PayPal express the notification to 'Click Make Payment Button'

But there is no button until a shipping mode is selected.

So I tried to be clever and modify the string in the language section to say Make Payment (ensure shipping is selected).

However as can be seen from the image, this is not being displayed dispite clearing the cache, language cache, web browser etc.

Is this coming from somewhere else ?, If I look inside definitions.xml, it only says 'Make Payment' no mention of my additional text.

yet its quite clearly visible in the admin side of the language editor.

I even edited definitions.xml to something slightly different, but the cart still shows the below.

I've since edited the Phrase via the admin panel, and can see the changes being reflected in cart_lang_strings, but these changes are no apparent on the page.

Maybe clear language cache isn't working ?

makepayment.jpg

If I look inside definitions.xml, it only says 'Make Payment' no mention of my additional text.

When you make a Language change from within Admin, the change is made in the DATABASE, not the definitions.xml file. So please check in the language table via cPanel to see if your wording is there.

But, I DO have times when I cannot get the Language change to stick. My only recourse is to make the change directly in definitions.xml (a big no no, as it's lost on upgrade). I comment my changed language text, so I can catch the change when I compare current with new upgrade version.

with debugging enabled, I see this when I clear the language cache.

maybe it's related, maybe it isnt..

[88] SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE 'CubeCart_seo_urls' -- (0.00544691085815 sec) [NOT CACHED]
[89] SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE 'CubeCart_sessions' -- (0.000524997711182 sec) [NOT CACHED]
[90] SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE 'CubeCart_shipping_rates' -- (0.000503063201904 sec) [NOT CACHED]
[91] SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE 'CubeCart_shipping_zones' -- (0.00049090385437 sec) [NOT CACHED]
[92] SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE 'CubeCart_system_error_log' -- (0.000476837158203 sec) [ERROR - NOT CACHED]
[93] SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE 'CubeCart_tax_class' -- (0.00044584274292 sec) [NOT CACHED]
[94] SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE 'CubeCart_tax_details' -- (0.000494003295898 sec) [NOT CACHED]

I found it in the module hooks, so it seems the tag line was infact in PayPal_pro\Hooks\class.cubecart.construct.confirm.php

Now that I can see the actual Cubecart 'Make Payment' button, I can also see the edit I made to it earlier in the language editor.