Braintree

Christopher Short

Just making notes as I trace through the code...

The URL the browser uses when having chosen a gateway and moving on the next step, is: index.php?_a=checkout with 'gateway'=>"BraintreePayments" in POST. CubeCart does a few things with this info.

The next step is to have the browser 302 Bounce to: index.php?_a=gateway. So, obviously, "payment_error" is getting into the $_GET array when httpredir() is rebuilding it.

More later.

The URL, /index.php?_a=gateway&payment_error, is constructed by the module's payment form javascript.

Is the 404 message situated inside CubeCart's normal page structure, or is the message just a bare message as if it came from the web server?

I ask because the URL starts off with /index.php and not /store/index.php. (The web server has no reason to reject a URL based on the contents of the querystring.)

Am I correct if I say that BrainTree keeps the customer at your store? If so, there is a payment form displayed by CubeCart for BrainTree.

In the module's file, /skin/form.tpl, line 55-56, the javascript tells the browser to open the existing window to /index.php?_a=gateway&payment_error. This does not take into account the /store/ sub-directory.

Please examine the .htaccess file in CubeCart's installed directory. Verify there is the following:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteBase /store/ 

Specifically, the RewriteBase directive. If the directive is present, we may need to edit the BrainTree template.

Line 55-56:

Was:
// Redirect back to payment page with payment error flag true.
window.location.href = '/index.php?_a=gateway&payment_error';

Now:
// Redirect back to payment page with payment error flag true.
window.location.href = '{/literal}{$STORE_URL}{literal}/index.php?_a=gateway&payment_error';

If the directive is not present, are you aware of a reason why not? Would this interfere with the redirect from www.example.com to https: protocol www.example.com/store/?

I can only hope that is what the module is supposed to do, along with a banner message saying "There was a problem with your payment, please check your payment information and try again. If the problem persists please contact us."