[Resolved] Upgrading 6.0.8 to 6.0.11

Wairds

I am in the process of testing my upgrade from 6.0.8 to 6.0.11. Having never done this before I thought I would be smart and I created a sub-directory to my live site E.G. www.myshop.com/test. I loaded the downloaded 6.0.11 software to this test sub-directory, copied all my images in and applied all the necessary customisation. In the web address bar I type in the website address - www.myshop.com/test - and my home page is presented to me. However when I select one of my products I am presented with a 'parking' page provided by my hosting service. As if the product page cannot be found. This happens for any product or menu item I select.

Not being particularly technical I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks in anticipation.

If you also copied over the main store's .htaccess file, please edit the copy of .htaccess in the /test/ folder such that:

#### Rewrite rules for SEO functionality ####
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
#### REWRITEBASE NEEDS TO BE THE PATH TO THE STORE
  RewriteBase /test/ 

The "Parking" page may be your host's actual 404 Not Found page.

Bsmither,

Thank you so much for your prompt response. It certainly solved my problem.

If I may I have another question. As I build my test site I have found I need to re-assign all my images to my products. When I have completed my testing and ready to promote my site as the live site, will I have to go through this tedious process again? If so, is there a quicker method?

Thanks once again.

If you have set the test store to use the same database (doing so will cause some minimal obstacles to overcome) as the main store, then the images should have stayed married to the products.

If you have set the test store to use a different database, then perhaps having backed up the main database and restored to another location (or added a table prefix and restored to the same location) should have kept the image-to-product marriage.

Restoring a database from a backup is the key to a minimal hassle transfer of a CubeCart installation.