Vector theme - Responsive question

bwtechno

Hi All,

We are using the above theme, all working fine but had suggestions from clients that when viewing on mobile devices (specifically phones) that it's inconvenient for them to have to scroll past all the product categories (we have a lot) to get down to the latest products. My idea is to somehow check the screen size and swap the categories div with the latest products div. Before I roll my sleeves up and get into the code, has anyone done this or have any pointers.

Thanks all

Simon

http://www.parkersjewellers.co.uk 

I see that the size of the category list would be a problem for any skin.

Foundation collapses the entire list into a distinct drop-down as small viewports. I think we can copy that approach.

Back with more.

"day job java"

As opposed to javascript? If java, you've just become my new best friend!

Just FYI -- Having some difficulty getting /index.php?compile=less/styles/chrome/style.less URL. I get a 500ISE. Thus, I am not yet able to experiment with the Bootstrap responsive commands.

I know the commands will be to add the class "pull-md-1" to the <div> that contains the sidebar -- once the order of the divs (span4 and span8) are switched.