[Resolved] Order status change not updating

Luke Lucian

Dear CC forums members, I've read all the threads with the order status change issue here and after making updates to my updated CC 4 to CC 6 store, I've fresh installed the new CC 6 store via Cpanel.

Unfortunately the order status will still not updated to any other than pending by doing this manually in the CC admin section. The automated Email notification is working fine though.

Could this be an issue with Hosting provider, but it's hardly they'd ever admit this. I have a gold membership with a large H24 hostinger.

I've also checked and their hosting plan has all the features needed for comprehensive CC6 operation with 128M file upload limit.

Here is what the CC error log is showing upon trying to update,

Notice:  `status` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_admin_users' table! in /home/ STORENAME /classes/db/database.class.php on line 858
[13-Sep-2016 20:56:37 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  `order_notify` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_admin_users' table! in /home/  STORENAME   /classes/db/database.class.php on line 858
[13-Sep-2016 20:56:37 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  `cart_order_id` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_downloads' table! in /home/  STORENAME    /classes/db/database.class.php on line 858

Does the above could indicate issue whilst CC6 establishing connection with mysql database?

Kind regards,
Luke

Welcome to the forums, Luke! Sorry you are having problems. I'm not knowledgeable enough to help, but it might be useful to someone who can help to clarify what you mean by

" I've fresh installed the new CC 6 store via Cpanel. "

Did you use a cPanel installation program, or did you extract first and then upload the files to your server, or did you upload the zip file, extract, and then goto the setup file in your browser?

The error messages indicate that, while CubeCart is able to communicate with your database server, the names of the tables being used may or may not be what CC6 is expecting, or the names of the columns that what CC6 wants may not be present. That is, the table Cubecart_admin_users may be present (that is its name in CC4 and CC6), but the column status is not found (this is only in CC6).

Same with the other error messages.

So, I will have to conclude that CC6 has not yet successfully run through the Setup routines - which changes the database configuration from CC4 to CC6 requirements.

Thank you guys for looking into my issue. Just out of precaution I've fresh installed default copy of CC6 by using Softaculous via Cpanel on different server / host and the order status update feature works fine. So what I'll try doing next is updating my current CC4 store to CC6 on this host and see if this would solve the issue.

In the meantime there are issues with order update both on CC4, updated CC4 to CC6 and fresh install CC6 on my current main server, so looks like php settings might be the culprit which are managed by the server admin.

OK, so I moved my whole current store (upgraded from v4 to v6)  to the new hosting provider following the instructions carefully and I can now change order status to 'Complete' or 'Pending' only. Changing to any other would generate security alert and no change in order status occur.

Alert: Possible Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) or browser back button used.

[18-Sep-2016 15:36:34 UTC] PHP Warning:  Invalid Security Token in /home/u969452545/public_html/classes/sanitize.class.php on line 112
[18-Sep-2016 15:50:14 UTC] PHP Warning:  Invalid Security Token in /home/u969452545/public_html/classes/sanitize.class.php on line 112
[18-Sep-2016 15:51:00 UTC] PHP Warning:  Invalid Security Token in /home/u969452545/public_html/classes/sanitize.class.php on line 112

Does this actually mean there might have been issues or whilst upgrading store from v4 to v6  since the fresh install of new clean (empty) CC6 store using installer from Cpanel works fine. Or if the v4 store was damaged in any way and this has carried on to the v6?

I would appreciate any help.)

CubeCart tells PHP to log this error message, and also displays a warning red warning banner. The result is that you are bounced back to the Dashboard from wherever you were.

This happens because CC5/CC6 is very unforgiving when pages are traversed by using multiple browser tabs, or using the browser's Back button.

When CubeCart sends to the browser a page with a form in it (an Add/Edit Product form, for example), that form includes a Security Token. The Security Token serves two purposes (as best I can tell). The first is to make sure that your browser has the authority to POST the form and not some other miscreatnt bombarding your site looking for weaknesses. The second is make sure there are no stale components in the form on one browser tab, because you have posted updated data from a form on a separate browser tab.

Once a form is POSTed, CC6 will comopare the Security Token with what the token is expected to be. If it is, then the POSTed data gets databased. CC6 then generates a new Security Token and sends it along with the next page containing a form.

Coming from CC4, you may have been in the habit of opening several browser tabs at once to make multiple, similar edits to a number of items. You can't do that anymore.

The browser's back button generally has the browser fetch a page from its internal cache. That page has an invalid Security Token.

Thank you bsmither, I am steadily moving to the solution! I've stopped using browser's back button and the alert won't appear anymore. But I am getting blank screen upon trying to change order status to any other than pending or completed.  

Must be something to do with and error in email confirmation template. I am not sure why this is appearing as I have updated the templates based on your previous threads pointing to this issue. Using the Maintenance > Query Database (Advanced) and executing the needed statements.

I have activated debugging and it reports an error whilst executing order update:

PHP:
[Notice] /home/u969452545/public_html/classes/order.class.php:294 - Undefined index: taxes[Exception] /home/u969452545/public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:82 - Syntax error in template "string:Thank You {$DATA.first_name}!

[36] SELECT `name` FROM `CubeCart_geo_country` WHERE CubeCart_geo_country.numcode = '0' ; -- (0.00017285346984863 sec) [NOT CACHED]
[37] SELECT * FROM `CubeCart_order_inventory` WHERE CubeCart_order_inventory.cart_order_id = '160911-170136-4484' ; -- (0.00020599365234375 sec) [NOT CACHED]
[38] SELECT * FROM `CubeCart_email_content` WHERE CubeCart_email_content.content_type = 'cart.order_confirmation' AND CubeCart_email_content.language = 'en-GB' ; -- (0.00035381317138672 sec) [NOT CACHED]
[39] INSERT INTO `CubeCart_system_error_log` (`message`,`time`) VALUES ('[Exception] /home/u969452545/public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:82 - Syntax error in template \"string:Thank You {$DATA.first_name}! [ERROR - NOT CACHED]

Can this be retained from the old V4 version?