Upgrade failure

MarlineSim

I tried to upgrade from 6.0 to latest, and now I can not get back in my store. I'm getting a 

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Not removing the /setup/ folder would not cause a 500ISE.

Folder permissions may cause a 500ISE depending how the web server, PHP environment was setup in how to report errors.

CubeCart 6 does a really good job checking for folder writeability on initial installation. When upgrading, I think CC assumes the folders already have proper permissions.

I used cpanel to up grade. 

It said it was upgraded!

But I cant open the sight.

I reinstalled.

And it said to change or make sure 

After completing the script upgrade process please delete the setup folder: /home/peabodys/public_html/setup/ 
Also apply safe permission to the config file : /home/peabodys/public_html/includes/global.inc.php

What are the permissions suppose to be set to?

Using your FileManager in cPanel, open global.inc.php for editing. The upgrade process changed the name of the admin folder and admin file to some kind of gibberish naming. Copy those two new names down, as that file which used to be named admin.php will now be your Dashboard login. Then change the permission of global.inc.php to 444.

You should then be able to login to your Dashboard, using the newly named admin.php fle.

This won't help you right now, but once whatever is messed up is fixed - you can go back to global.inc.php, change the permission back to allow all access to yourself... and CHANGE the naming of the admin file and folder to anything you please (since you showed it in your post it does need to be changed, for security reasons).

Once you've reported with the results from the error log you create, @bsmither may be able to help. I know I am out of my league with this.

Thank you for hiding that. 

I'm trying to revert back, undo the upgrade.

So the information will not be the same.

This is a new server, so I'm kinda lost as far as the settings go.

I will contact my server in the morning, and see if they can help me get my original sight back.

Thanks again!