Category Reviews

Julian Allder

Alongside the products I sell, I also have a category "Service Calls". This category has no products but promotes the work we do at customers' homes and work places. I frequently get asked how can they leave feedback. I can't find a way of enabling a feedback button on a "category" only on "products". Has anyone found a way of achieving this?

Edited by Julian Allder
Spelling mistake!

Welcome Julian Allder! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

"Service Calls" is a category? We are curious to know what the actual 'products' within that category are.

As such, we can create a plugin that will collect up all the feedbacks (no need to actually show the feedback on the product page) composed on the various product pages within that category, and display them on the View Category page.

5 hours ago, bsmither said:

Welcome Julian Allder! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

"Service Calls" is a category? We are curious to know what the actual 'products' within that category are.

As such, we can create a plugin that will collect up all the feedbacks (no need to actually show the feedback on the product page) composed on the various product pages within that category, and display them on the View Category page.

There are no products within the "Service Call" category. The category page is an information page telling customers the services we provide and contact details for service calls http://earleylocks.co.uk/eshop/service-calls.html . I want to give service call customers an option to leave feedback/reviews without purchasing "products".

Without seeing the Testimonials plugin, I would still agree that this is a very nearly complete solution.

The final tweak would be to allow for more precise placement of the display -- in this case, on the View Category page of a select category(ies).