[Resolved] Admin not loading - trying to upgrade

The Admin is not loading in the panel.  Every selection I choose just adds the loading bar and never loads.  I for one want to be able to manage the store (of course) but would also like to backup the store and upgrade our version to 6.1.2.  Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing.  I can get you some snippets of the code if you need them, just tell me what you need.

The store location is (http://www.motorcitywheatens.org/boutique/) if that will help.

Thank you for your time.

screencapture-motorcitywheatens-org-boutique-admin-php.png

Please verify that these files exist:

In CubeCart's main folder, find the folder /js/.

If that folder is not there, it got deleted somehow and will need to be restored by downloading the latest CubeCart v5 and upload just the /js/ folder.

If that folder is there, make sure the following files and folders are within it:
/plugins/
/styles/
admin.js
common.html
plugins.php
pngfix.js
rpx.html

If any of these folders are empty or the files or folders missing, they will need to be restored.

I see that you are running CC6's administration, so you must have chosen to use the Kurouto skin in CC6. There is nothing wrong with doing that.

Find the folder /admin/skins/default/js/

If that folder is there, make sure the following folders and files are within it:
/plugins/
/styles/
admin.js
dropzone.js (maybe not, depending on the version of CubeCart)
plugins.php

I see that these files are present and are where they are supposed to be.:
jquey-1.11.2.min.js
jquery-ui-1.11.2.min.js

A throbber that does not go away means that javascript is not loading, or after it did load, it crashed.

Thanks for the quick response (we are running version 6.0.1 currently)

I did check and all of those files are there.  I re-uploaded them from my local drive and still seeing the same issue with this addition .... when I try to load the storefront a blank page now comes up.

When I loaded the site before my reply above, my browser said that several page resources (specifically plugins.php and several javascript files) returned a 404 response.

So, either they really were not there, or maybe you did not look at the correct CubeCart installation, or the web server configuration or hosting account configuration is not allowing javascript files to be accessed.

Please create the error_log and let's see if there are any clues.

OK, looks like I have the issue with the throbber in Admin fixed now (turns out there was some form of permission error).  When copying the files earlier it had set them all to 777 so I dropped the files down to 655 and the directories to 755 for the files and directories you noted above.

So now I can access the Admin, and I can access the Upgrade tab in Maintenance. Still no storefront (that still loads blank)

Note: The error_log does create is empty

I backed up the store, the DB and clicked the upgrade button (like a normal upgrade) but it returns a 500 :(

Screenshot of the Upgrade tab below which when clicked takes me here (http://www.motorcitywheatens.org/boutique/admin.php?_g=maintenance&upgrade=6.1.2#upgrade) and returns that 500.

Note: for awareness if I don't respond right away, I might be heading to bed soon, if I do then I won't be able to do anything on the website until tomorrow after I get home from work.  I should be able to access this forum.

screencapture-motorcitywheatens-org-boutique-admin-php-1483508280031.png

Then we are still working on the possibility that the files or folders have permission issues, or some sort of other issue not related to CubeCart.

It is extremely unlikely that CubeCart would crash before being instructed to set up the error_log. But we can work on that later.

Even with the 500ISE, PHP should have managed to log something into the error_log before...

Hmm. You said you are trying to upgrade from CC601. Sad to say but the upgrade process from that early of a version probably no longer works when trying to fetch the necessary files from where they are located at this time (not the same place as where they were when CC601 was published).

Manually download CC612 and follow these instructions:

https://support.cubecart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/228/43/how-do-i-upgrade-from-cubecart-v6-to-latest-v6

SUCCESS!!!!

It took a lot of finagling with permissions on folders but once I got everything set the store updated like clockwork.

I even found this article from you on updating  /includes/global.inc.php with the new Admin references.  Logged in successfully and everything looks to be back up and running.

It now tells me to upgrade to v6.1.3 :) I will take care of that tomorrow (almost 2:00 am local time and I need to work in the morning)

THANK YOU for the help!

(feel free to mark this resolved)