Upgrade issues

11 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Many possibilities.

Create the error_log.

Make sure PHP is at 5.4 or higher.

running 5.5, here is some error log

[03-Jan-2017 20:44:01 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Error: Hook 'Featured_Products/hooks/class.gui.display.php' was not found in /home/opycorn1/public_html/classes/hookloader.class.php on line 280
[03-Jan-2017 20:44:06 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  include(/home/opycorn1/public_html/admin_y94sBW/sources/dashboard.index.inc.php) [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.include.php'>function.include.php</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/opycorn1/public_html/controllers/controller.admin.session.true.inc.php on line 107
[03-Jan-2017 20:44:06 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  include() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.include.php'>function.include.php</a>]: Failed opening '/home/opycorn1/public_html/admin_y94sBW/sources/dashboard.index.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php:/home/opycorn1/public_html/modules/plugins/Featured_Products:/home/opycorn1/public_html/modules/plugins/Hazmat_Dynamic_Options:/home/opycorn1/public_html/modules/plugins/Sale_Price_Bulk_Update:/home/opycorn1/public_html/modules/plugins/custom_fields_module:/home/opycorn1/public_html/modules/plugins/extended_leadtimes') in /home/opycorn1/public_html/controllers/controller.admin.session.true.inc.php on line 107
[03-Jan-2017 20:44:06 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  include(/home/opycorn1/public_html/admin_y94sBW/sources/element.navigation.inc.php) [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.include.php'>function.include.php</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/opycorn1/public_html/controllers/controller.admin.session.true.inc.php on line 111
[03-Jan-2017 20:44:06 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  include() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.include.php'>function.include.php</a>]: Failed opening '/home/opycorn1/public_html/admin_y94sBW/sources/element.navigation.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php:/home/opycorn1/public_html/modules/plugins/Featured_Products:/home/opycorn1/public_html/modules/plugins/Hazmat_Dynamic_Options:/home/opycorn1/public_html/modules/plugins/Sale_Price_Bulk_Update:/home/opycorn1/public_html/modules/plugins/custom_fields_module:/home/opycorn1/public_html/modules/plugins/extended_leadtimes') in /home/opycorn1/public_html/controllers/controller.admin.session.true.inc.php on line 111

Upgrade said use http://www.csrocketry.com/admin_vkAked.php, though i had http://www.csrocketry.com/admin_XR6fQR.php? from the 6.1.1 upgrade. neither work now. admin_8GMAuE is on the server and doesnt work either

In the file /includes/global.inc.php, please compare the values for the adminfolder and the adminfile. If these values do not match the actual administrative folder name and the actual administrative script file name, please edit the global.inc.php file or rename the folder and rename the script file so that they do match -- regardless what CubeCart said at the conclusion of the upgrade.

Experiments will be conducted to determine why there is a discrepancy, if there is a discrepancy.

10 minutes ago, bsmither said:

In the file /includes/global.inc.php, please compare the values for the adminfolder and the adminfile. If these values do not match the actual administrative folder name and the actual administrative script file name, please edit the global.inc.php file or rename the folder and rename the script file so that they do match -- regardless what CubeCart said at the conclusion of the upgrade.

Experiments will be conducted to determine why there is a discrepancy, if there is a discrepancy.

They don't match, and making them match hasn't fixed it yet.

In CubeCart's main folder, there will be a folder that used to have the name /admin/. It may have a new name, something like /admin_abcxyz/. There will be a file that used to have the name admin.php. It may have a new name, something like admin_abcxyz.php.

In the file /includes/global.inc.php: find:

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin.php';
$glob['adminFolder'] = '
admin';

where the values in this code may not be exactly as shown. The value for the $glob['adminFile'] must match the actual script name, and the value for the actual folder name must match the actual folder name. Something like:

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin_abcxyz.php';
$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin_abcxyz';

These are the only two things that must match: the values for these variables must match the respective actual file and folder name.

13 minutes ago, bsmither said:

In CubeCart's main folder, there will be a folder that used to have the name /admin/. It may have a new name, something like /admin_abcxyz/. There will be a file that used to have the name admin.php. It may have a new name, something like admin_abcxyz.php.

In the file /includes/global.inc.php: find:

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin.php';
$glob['adminFolder'] = '
admin';

where the values in this code may not be exactly as shown. The value for the $glob['adminFile'] must match the actual script name, and the value for the actual folder name must match the actual folder name. Something like:

$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin_abcxyz';

These are the only two things that must match: the values for these variables must match the respective actual file and folder name.

So my admin folder somehow was two separate folders, one as admin, the other as admin_abcxyz. I merged them and now I can login to admin. Te global file also had different entrys for the two locations, neither of which matched the folder name. Now the issue: If I click on maintenance it takes me to my website front. Any ideas?

I would say that something is still missing or not named correctly. Being taken to the storefront could be an indication that, when the web server can't find something (a 404 situation), the web server looks to the .htaccess file for a 404 Document directive, which usually simply gives index.php - the storefront.

So, if the browser you are using has "cached" the web address of the maintenance page, that cached URL may using the wrong admin script filename.

8 minutes ago, bsmither said:

I would say that something is still missing or not named correctly. Being taken to the storefront could be an indication that, when the web server can't find something (a 404 situation), the web server looks to the .htaccess file for a 404 Document directive, which usually simply gives index.php - the storefront.

So, if the browser you are using has "cached" the web address of the maintenance page, that cached URL may using the wrong admin script filename.

cleared the cache, it works now. I can now access admin from 2 different admin links too

Then you probably have both of:

/admin.php
/admin_abcxyz.php

I recommend using only the more complicated named one, deleting the plain named one, and making sure that there is only one statement in /includes/global.inc.php that looks like:

6 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

Please be sure that your re-named folder and file are not shown anywhere in this thread FOR SECURITY REASONS. You can always re-name again, as long as you make the matching edits in global.inc.php.

Not to worry, they changed it again on the 6.1.3 update...Speaking of that, will they stop changing it? It is becoming impossible for me to keep track of the address on multiple devices that I use to do business.

I don't run setup anymore, but do a file compare and fix all changes one file/folder at a time. I also run the upgrade database changes from the setup folder. That's why I hadn't previously caught there was an issue with running the setup.

Hopefully 6.1.3 will be the last CC version with this much trouble upgrading!!