Help please on font sizes

netshopper

Hi all, This is my first post here. I'm a new CC user.

The landing page of my site has quite large fonts on the description of items for sale. Everything except the menu has bold larger than average fonts. I've exhausted looking for something resembling 'change font size' and now burden forum members to help me find a way to make the fonts smaller. It looks quite odd but not altering the functionality. Image attached is screen grab from part of the landing page.

All help gratefully received.

font-issue.pdf

Wouldn't it be good if it was just a browser refresh to cure it? 

Unfortunately all 3 browsers I use to test sites I build all produce the same ugly text. I'll try Chris's suggestion but I'm not planning on re-editing 160 listings just because an update of CC caused all the fonts to go large.

Thanks for the suggestion Chris but its the heading of the listing that is seen on the front page and That doesn't have any way to change it that I can find. I've been through each menu option and can't find anything vaguely related to font size. Your suggestion is a one by one edit of what I've already done when listing the sale goods. Pity. Cube Cart looks nice in the demo sites but in all seriousness... If a developer puts out an update and it does this when you install it, this is not a product I  want to open the doors with.

The font size you see in your browser may not be the exact size seen by other visitors to your site. The reason -- the Foundation skin uses the browser's internal font size as the starting point. The Foundation skin then says "take the size of the capital letter 'M' of the font being used, and show 50% to 300% of that size. The CSS measurement is expressed as 1.25em, for example. Actually, it goes one step further: 1.25rem, which is based on the size of the parent container. So, check the font size set in your browser, and check the text zoom-factor.

The phrase Latest Products is an <h2> tag. Foundation's CSS sometimes adjusts the size of the font depending what you are viewing it on - more accurately, the width of the viewport. Below are some CSS rules where one set overrules the other.

h1 {font-size: 2.125rem;}
h2 {font-size: 1.6875rem;}
h3 {font-size: 1.375rem;}
h4 {font-size: 1.125rem;}
h5 {font-size: 1.125rem;}
h6 {font-size: 1rem;}

@media only screen and (min-width: 40.0625em) {
  h1 { font-size: 2.75rem; }
  h2 { font-size: 2.3125rem; }
  h3 { font-size: 1.6875rem; }
  h4 { font-size: 1.4375rem; }
  h5 { font-size: 1.125rem; }
  h6 { font-size: 1rem; }
}

So, when the browser window is wider than 40em, <h3> is 1.6875rem. Smaller width, 1.375rem.

This is the glory and the curse of "responsive" web pages.

Foundation has a CSS file, cubecart.default.css, where you can add anything, and if coded to have the same or greater specificity, will overrule what Foundation is set to show.

So, in that file, add:

h3 {font-size: 1.000rem;}
@media only screen and (min-width: 40.0625em) {
	h3 {font-size: 1.250rem;}
}

This will change the font size to everything that is <h3>.