No shipping needed

vickif

Hi, I haven't set up a cubecart in quite a while, so getting familiar with the new layouts. I am doing a cart for a conference, there will be NO shipping required, do I have to get a plugin/extension for this and if so what would that be? Thanks!

Welcome vickif! Glad to see you made it to the forum.

In admin, Store Settings, Features tab, please check the box for "Allow physical orders even if no shipping options are available".

But, if the conference store is selling registrations (thus nothing is tangible - just digital), there should be no issues with not having any shipping modules installed.

On the other hand, if registrations are digital, CubeCart needs a file to associate with that product. An easy thing to do with that requirement is to create a simple PDF file with conference information.

(I did conference registration stores using CC3. Fun times!)

Thanks for the prompt reply! Much appreciated, have set that and I'll be testing in the next day or two. Just in case I need to create the pdf, where would I put that (folder)? I doubt if I need it since the registration is simply that, the registree will not be downloading anything or sent anything to download, if that makes sense.

One more question - I have taken out all the social media logos, but how do I remove the "Follow Us" text in the lower right hand corner? Or should I post that in the Skins forum? 

You will need to upload some sort of file and select that on the Digital tab of the product's screens.

In admin, Downloads, upload the file on this screen. It will then appear on the product's Digital file picker window.

Unless a file is assigned, CubeCart will consider the product tangible. As such, the "Allow physical orders" setting mentioned above is necessary.

Using a programmer's text editor, open the file:

In the skin template 'main.php' and 'main.checheckout.php', find:

<div class="medium-5 large-5 columns">
  {$SOCIAL_LIST}
  <div class="row collapse">

Change to:

<div class="medium-5 large-5 columns">
  {* $SOCIAL_LIST *}
  <div class="row collapse">

Because an edit has been made to a skin template, you will need to clear the cache. In admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, check Clear Cache. Click Submit.