API-key

baksida

Hi, I am attempting to make my first online e commerce shop, so I have a a lot to learn.  I have a supplier, who has an API-key for me to use, but I can't find where to insert this API-key, do I need an extension for using it? I have tried to google a lot about it, but I can't find any useful information about it. 

I don't know much about API, exept for it exchange datas between supplier and the online shop, so I would like to know if an API-key can insert pictures and information on a website like a CSV-file? 

I would appreciate any information about it, and how to insert this API-key.

Welcome baksida! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Currently, CubeCart can easily make "on demand" reports available to external entities who send a special URL to request them. These are outward-bound "feeds".

However, there is no simple and complete means within CubeCart for it to make a request to an outside entity for data of the type you are wanting.

A plugin can be constructed, and the mechanism is available to generally make requests* to outside entities.

* CubeCart does make requests to outside entities for current currency exchange rates, system version checks, and shipping rate requests.

6 hours ago, Noodleman said:

You need to ask your supplied what the API-Key is for.

An API key is like a password which allows access to remote systems. What system are they giving you access to?

Hi Noodleman, thank you for your answer, I've send them an email today to ask them about  some more info, so I will just have to wait for an answer from them.