Gift Voucher - Incorrect Tax

keat

All cart items are configured exclusive of VAT, so vat added at the end of the transaction.

If I purchase a gift voucher for £100, it charges vat at £16.67 and not £20.00 (20% vat rate)

Total bill for a £100 gift voucher = £100.

This means that the voucher is actually worth £83.33 plus vat at 20% (£16.67) total = £100.

Now as the recipient of the voucher, I added £99.50's worth of goods to my basket so my final sub total should be £119.94.

Using the voucher, the cart allowed me to checkout at £99.50, it didn't add any vat to the contents, and considering my voucher is only really worth £83.33 it didn't prompt me to pay the outstanding balance

Any ideas

I have only 2 tax rules which is VAT at 20%, and Vat Free.

We tax by country,  UK and IOM are at 20%, Channel Islands and Eire at 0%.

I applied 20% tax to the gift card.

I also created a tax class just for gift cards at 0% and allocated this to a test voucher.

When I purchased a voucher, it was tax free, but when I spent it, the order was still tax free.

so again, the cart allowed me to checkout at £99.50 when it should have been £119.94.

I logged in with my test account which is UK, so tax should have been applied to the basket total.

If you take a look at the following images, you'll note that the cart added the taxes correctly for the 10 fm transmitters.

My total bill for the cart £119.40

I then applied the voucher, and my total bill for the cart is now £99.50, and allowed me to checkout.

However, as already determined, my total voucher is really only worth £83.33.

This means that there must be 2 issues with the gift card feature.

1. it wipes taxes from the cart

2. it allows the user to spend more credit than he actually has.

http://www.cabletiefan.co.uk/webimages/pre-voucher.jpg

http://www.cabletiefan.co.uk/post-voucher.jpg