Jump to content

How to export a CSV File from my Cubecart6 Shop?


Perushop24

Recommended Posts

Hello, Before my store was v3 Cubecart. There I could export a CSV of my Product listings. I changed now to V6 but can't find anymore the possibility. I want to export a CSV for Google merchant and other product search engines. Please advice me, how to do. Thank you for your help!

Link to post
Share on other sites

CubeCart 6 has dropped almost all extra modules, requiring the store owner to install only those modules that are actually wanted.

Please see: https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/product-feeds

Here you will find a module for Google. Once installed, it will appear in the list found in admin, Export Catalogue.

Be aware also that in admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, "Rebuild Sitemap", will create a file useable by Google containing links to all of the products, categories, and documents in your store. There will be a "tickle" sent to Google that will prompt Google to fetch the sitemap and crawl your site.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bsmither said:

CubeCart 6 has dropped almost all extra modules, requiring the store owner to install only those modules that are actually wanted.

Please see: https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/product-feeds

Here you will find a module for Google. Once installed, it will appear in the list found in admin, Export Catalogue.

Be aware also that in admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, "Rebuild Sitemap", will create a file useable by Google containing links to all of the products, categories, and documents in your store. There will be a "tickle" sent to Google that will prompt Google to fetch the sitemap and crawl your site.

Thank you so much for the information. Is one of the free ones able to build a CSV? I tried Google base but didn't work. It gave me only a html which I can't use for Google Merchant? I need a CSV....

Link to post
Share on other sites

HTML? Let me test.

But, to be clear, the link seen in the download parts column will have the browser want to download a file. The link seen in the Export URL column is content that is suitable for the outside entity that will query your store using that link.

 

Yes, that GoogleBase module outputs a txt file by default.

If you wish, you can use a programmer's text editor and change a line in the module's /hooks/admin.product.import.format.php file.

Find:

	$delimiter = "\t";
	$extension = 'txt';

Change to:

	$delimiter = ",";
	$extension = 'csv';

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bsmither said:

HTML? Let me test.

But, to be clear, the link seen in the download parts column will have the browser want to download a file. The link seen in the Export URL column is content that is suitable for the outside entity that will query your store using that link.

 

Yes, that GoogleBase module outputs a txt file by default.

If you wish, you can use a programmer's text editor and change a line in the module's /hooks/admin.product.import.format.php file.

Find:

	$delimiter = "\t";
	$extension = 'txt';

Change to:

	$delimiter = ",";
	$extension = 'csv';

 

Thank you, thats Great!!!!!!! I will try to do this tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Perushop24 said:

Thank you so much for the information. Is one of the free ones able to build a CSV? I tried Google base but didn't work.

There are a few issues with the standard Google export plugin - take a look at https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/google-merchant-centre-feed which as well as having csv, also exports in the much better xml (certain elements can ONLY be exported using xml format so is a by far better choice).  This combined with the Google / Pinterest Schema.org Microdata plugin https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/google-pinterest-schema-org-microdata-plugin works VERY well and you get all the added benefits of having schema.org microdata available on your site

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...