CoderJim

Upgrade - Delete backup db?

Did the DB backup before updating to CC 6.2.4, the site has limited storage so I would like to delete the backup DB, is that okay? Or was that created simply because of possible update failure? May be good for the group to know.

Thanks

The listing of the backup file may be a link -- so you may want to download it.

You can, of course FTP it to your workstation, then delete it.

Should you need to restore, it is now safely in your hands.

Thank you. For now I will leave the backup in place, I made some assumptions that perhaps you might be able to confirm or inform.

1) The update uses the original DB, the backup is just that, a backup in case things go pear shaped and could be deleted via my cPanel?

2) The update creates a file named admin_####/skins/default/templates/all php files, may I assume this is also a backup and in fact is not used since I need to go back in and clean up the design I need to work on live files? I could also use to delete this for space.

Thanks

Jim

Foundation CC 6.2.4

The backup file is (optionally compressed) a textual file containing all the SQL statements needed to rebuild and repopulate a fresh database. The fresh database can be a new/different database account/server, or the same database after the Restore process first TRUNCATEs all the tables. This is to say, the backup is not a copy of the actual binary files managed by the database server.

The folder /admin_####/skins/default/templates/ is not the backup folder - it is the administration skin, but it and its contents are included in the backup. All backups should be located in Cubecart's /backup/ folder.