Jump to content
fixingsfactory

Didn't get past the first screen on upgrade - Locked out..!?

Recommended Posts

Hey all, i went to run the upgrade to the latest cubecart, got to the screen where it asks if you want to upgrade or full installation, chose upgrade and clicked next.
It did nothing when i clicked next so i went back to login to admin, now it does nothing when i try login other than refresh the login screen so currently no admin
access on any of the admin logins...

Whats happened?

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

What did you upgrade from? Have you already been using a version that required the renamed admin? Can you look at the files and see if you now have more than one admin.php like named files? Do you have a backup so you could revert to known good?

 

Edited by Dirty Butter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a look, i only have one admin folder in the directory for the install and one admin php file, although the admin php file name is different to the folder ūüėē

 

Also as far as versions go this is all i have

http://fixingsfactory.co.uk/info.php

Not sure on anything from there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 4:54 PM, Dirty Butter said:

What did you upgrade from?  Do you have a backup so you could revert to known good?

What version did you upgrade from and how did you do the upgrade - manually etc ?  Do you have a backup of files and database from before the backup ?

On 5/7/2019 at 1:14 PM, fixingsfactory said:

although the admin php file name is different to the folder ūüėē

It should be different and as long as what they are called matches what is in the global.inc.php file then you are fine

 

It is difficult to give any answers without more information - are any errors recorded in the PHP error_log file ?

You have very high per process memory setting and stupidly high max_execution_timeout (6000 when normal is 30 to 90) so it wont be issues with those.

It is possible that the upgrade hasn't completed correctly and you have files from different versions although I have not seen this issue ever before on failed upgrades.  Who are you hosted with and have any changes been made on that side ?

You say you cant login as admin, can customers login and are you able to add items into the basket and view the basket

24 minutes ago, coastal_kits said:

I have the same problem!

Also following an upgrade ?  The same questions above apply to you as well.

We have done a huge number of upgrades to both 6.2.4 and then also to 6.2.5 on our fully managed CubeCart hosting plans and for some clients on our self managed hosting plans and have not had any problems at all so this is either due to a failed upgrade procedure or something with the hosting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I updated using the in-software update notification, it didn't actually do anything though other than ask me if i wanted to upgrade or clean install, when i clicked upgrade and next it just refreshed the install screen then did nothing else.
So i went to log into the control panel and nothing.

The update was from whichever was the last version as i updated it not too long ago too.
Yes the website is still in operation and working just nothing on the admin side, i'm not aware of a backup and don't know how i would perform one if i cant login?

Although if everything else is working i would say its a specific admin side fault wouldnt you?

 

Where abouts will i find the php_error log file ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 4:32 PM, fixingsfactory said:

I updated using the in-software update notification, it didn't actually do anything though other than ask me if i wanted to upgrade or clean install, when i clicked upgrade and next it just refreshed the install screen then did nothing else.

There have been so many problems over the years with the built in upgrade that I cant remember the last time I did an upgrade that way - always do it manually via FTP  From what I have heard it seems to work OK for some and not for others but I have much more control when doing it manually so always do it that way

On 5/8/2019 at 4:32 PM, fixingsfactory said:

The update was from whichever was the last version as i updated it not too long ago too.

So presumably it worked OK last time or at least it didnt give you this problem

On 5/8/2019 at 4:32 PM, fixingsfactory said:

Yes the website is still in operation and working just nothing on the admin side, i'm not aware of a backup and don't know how i would perform one if i cant login?ÔĽŅ

 You should really have done the backup before doing the upgrade although again, never use the built in backup functionality and advise clients against relying on it.  You can backup from within cPanel andalso some hosting companies will provide some form of automatic backup - you should check to see if anything is provided.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:32 PM, fixingsfactory said:

Although if everything else is working i would say its a specific admin side fault wouldnt you?

Where abouts will i find the php_error log file ?ÔĽŅ

There are no known problems that would cause this type of problem - as I said before it is either a failed upgrade or something very odd with your hosting.  The php error_log file should be created in the public_html directory (some hosting companies in their wisdom disable this by default - there is a thread on here where BSmither put together a list of instructions on how to enable if it isnt automatically created.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 3:04 PM, havenswift-hosting said:

 You should really have done the backup before doing the upgrade although again, never use the built in backup functionality and advise clients against relying on it.  You can backup from within cPanel andalso some hosting companies will provide some form of automatic backup - you should check to see if anything is provided.

Why is it there if its advised not to use it?
I wouldn't be sure on how to manually do the upgrade and i have used the built in one many times before so yes it worked last time.
So what would be the solution here? I can attempt to do the manual way if that's what is required but is it going to wipe the site?

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, fixingsfactory said:

Why is it there if its advised not to use it?

I advise OUR clients not to use it although it would actually probably work for our hosting clients much more so than on many other hosting companies - we dont restrict certain hosting parameters which can cause the backups to fail.  Also our clients dont NEED to do backups (although some still do) as we provide R1Soft continuous block level backups across all of our servers.

21 hours ago, fixingsfactory said:

I wouldn't be sure on how to manually do the upgrade and i have used the built in one many times before so yes it worked last time.

The CubeCart KB has a simple article with the steps to follow and I have given exact steps on answers on here multiple times - just dont have the threads to hand

21 hours ago, fixingsfactory said:

So what would be the solution here? I can attempt to do the manual way if that's what is required but is it going to wipe the site?

Doing a manual upgrade will not wipe the site and isnt a bad thing to do to ensure you have completed it correctly but as I have said, at this stage, it is pure speculation that this is the cause of your troubles - it is impossible to say without more information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I upgraded manually from 6.2.4...... but experienced the problem.  Luckily I DO backup so have reverted to 6.2.4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, coastal_kits said:

I upgraded manually from 6.2.4...... but experienced the problem.  Luckily I DO backup so have reverted to 6.2.4.

If you had exactly the same problem, then there is something going on although I have done a large number of upgrades for clients and many more have been done by others and I have not once seen this issue.  The changes between 6.2.4 and 6.2.5 are relatively small but if you are saying you reverted to 6.2.4 codebase (did you also restore the backed up database ?) then something is causing the problem in your hosting environment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...