How do I create gift certificates vs promotional codes

Bad Wolf

OK I want to create a gift certificate in several different denominations for those to purchase.
I made the images for these in case the end user wants to print out to give someone. <--- can that be done? How?
I have a directory with the GC images in there by putting them in Settings > Gift Cards
I can print a stack of cards that I can put a "code" of sorts in and have that used should I want to hand them out in person when I set up a vending / sale table at car shows and stuff. Is this correct?

I created a "test" promotional code for someone to use at checkout should I wish to run a sale via Promotional code vs. a "regular" sale.
I did this in Inventory > Promotional codes.

In this area there is a tab that says "Create Promotional Code". That was easy. I did that with the above "test".
Next to that is a tab that says "Gift Cards". If I click that it's empty of cards. There seems to be no way to add one. I'm a little lost. If the system generates a code for the GC's to be used and (I would assume) automatically become void upon use, what are the steps to create a list of GC's for sale?

Sadly there is nothing very obvious in there and it seems a little confusing due to the two separate areas.

Gift Cards are "sold" to a customer, and the recipient is notified. And/or, a physical item can be sent via snail-mail to the purchaser (or the recipient if instructed).

In admin, Gift Cards, the store owner establishes the parameters that the GCs can be sold. If the store owner wishes to limit the amounts available to specific values, that will involve editing the template content.certificates.php with custom content.

In admin, Promotional Codes, Promotional Codes tab, there is a list of existing coupons. The Gift Cards tab shows a list of existing GCs and their balances.

When the purchaser of the GC has finished the transaction, CubeCart sends an email with a long credit-card-type number (to guarantee uniqueness).

Both a Coupon code (one coupon per order), and several GC codes can be entered into the form field at checkout (one code at a time), and the products and/or shipping will be adjusted as appropriate.

29 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Gift Cards are "sold" to a customer, and the recipient is notified. And/or, a physical item can be sent via snail-mail to the purchaser (or the recipient if instructed).
OK I can do that. I'll put language stating such.

In admin, Gift Cards, the store owner establishes the parameters that the GCs can be sold. If the store owner wishes to limit the amounts available to specific values, that will involve editing the template content.certificates.php with custom content.
I'm lost. lol what else is new? I think I did this already. I'll put up a screenshot.

In admin, Promotional Codes, Promotional Codes tab, there is a list of existing coupons. The Gift Cards tab shows a list of existing GCs and their balances.
That's the problem. It does not. Again, I'll put up a screenshot. Maybe I missed something?

When the purchaser of the GC has finished the transaction, CubeCart sends an email with a long credit-card-type number (to guarantee uniqueness).
That's what I figured. As for expiration that is already set up in the  Settings > Gift Cards I assume?

Both a Coupon code (one coupon per order), and several GC codes can be entered into the form field at checkout (one code at a time), and the products and/or shipping will be adjusted as appropriate.
Coupon Code and Promotional Code are one and the same?

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 4.20.33 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 4.20.53 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 4.21.29 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 4.22.15 PM.jpg

On your storefront, Navigation bar, click on Gift Cards.

You will be shown the page where the customer can specify how much the card is "being loaded" for, the name and email address of the recipient, and an optional message. This GC will be added to the customer's basket.

Once the GC has been purchased, it will be seen in the admin Promotional Codes, Gift Cards tab's list in admin.

The federal/state laws of your residency (and perhaps the laws of the customer's and recipient's residency) might prohibit an expiration date of a "same-as-cash" equivalent. Please do your due diligence.

CubeCart processes their involvement when being consumed basically the same.

Coupons can be applied to the order as a fixed amount or percentage, and for or against specific products or to the sub-total or to shipping - depending how the coupon was created. Any unused portion of the coupon's limit cannot be saved (almost). CubeCart accepts only one coupon per order to discount the order.

GC's (same-as-cash) can be applied to the order as a fixed amount only, up to the current balance of the GC. Any remaining value is 'remembered'. More than one GC can be applied to an order.

There is a current bug regarding GCs: do not have as a GC's Product Code, a value that starts with a number. Currently, the Product Code must start with a letter.

Archived