Login/Register 404-page not found

Cpup

If you are using a skin that is other than the Foundation skin as shipped with CC640 or later, and you have upgraded to CC640 or later, then we advise that you make some necessary changes to your skin and also to the .htaccess file.

I can provide a list of those changes if needed.

Hi @bsmither,

I recently upgraded to 6.4.3 from 6.2.9, but I had to change some of the files so that I could select multiple downloads.

They're the file changes that you provided me with and it's working really well, except for this now.

Check to see if these Foundation template files have these changes:

/skins/foundation/templates/content.register.php
-----------
Line 12, from:
<p>{$LANG.account.already_registered} <a href="{$STORE_URL}/login.html">{$LANG.account.login_here}</a></p>
To:
<p>{$LANG.account.already_registered} <a href="{$STORE_URL}/login{$CONFIG.seo_ext}">{$LANG.account.login_here}</a></p>

/skins/foundation/templates/content.login.php
-----------
Line 15, from:
         <p class="show-for-small-only">{$LANG.account.want_to_signup} <a href="{$STORE_URL}/register.html">{$LANG.account.register_here}</a></p>
To:
         <p class="show-for-small-only">{$LANG.account.want_to_signup} <a href="{$STORE_URL}/register{$CONFIG.seo_ext}">{$LANG.account.register_here}</a></p>

/skins/foundation/templates/box.session.php
-----------
Line 14, from:
   <a href="#" data-dropdown="session" class="button white small">{$CUSTOMER.first_name|capitalize} {$CUSTOMER.last_name|capitalize} <svg class="icon"><use xlink:href="#icon-caret-down"></use></svg></a><br>
To:
   <a href="#" data-dropdown="session" class="button trans small">{$CUSTOMER.first_name|capitalize} {$CUSTOMER.last_name|capitalize} <svg class="icon"><use xlink:href="#icon-caret-down"></use></svg></a><br>

Line 28, from:
   <a href="{$STORE_URL}/login.html" class="button white small nopad-sides">{$LANG.account.login}</a> / <a href="{$STORE_URL}/register.html" class="button white small nopad-sides">{$LANG.account.register}</a>
To:
   <a href="{$STORE_URL}/login{$CONFIG.seo_ext}" class="button trans small nopad-sides">{$LANG.account.login}</a> / <a href="{$STORE_URL}/register{$CONFIG.seo_ext}" class="button trans small nopad-sides">{$LANG.account.register}</a>

/skins/foundation/templates/box.search.php
-----------
Line 13, from:
   <form action="{$STORE_URL}/search.html" class="search_form" method="get">
To:
   <form action="{$STORE_URL}/search{$CONFIG.seo_ext}" class="search_form" method="get">

Line 16, from:
            <input name="search[keywords]" type="text" class="search_input nomarg" placeholder="{$LANG.search.input_default}" required><small><a href="{$STORE_URL}/search.html">{$LANG.search.advanced}</a></small>
To:
            <input name="search[keywords]" type="text" class="search_input nomarg" placeholder="{$LANG.search.input_default}" required><small><a href="{$STORE_URL}/search{$CONFIG.seo_ext}">{$LANG.search.advanced}</a></small>

/skins/foundation/templates/box.off_canvas.left.php
-----------
Line 28, from:
      <li><a href="{$STORE_URL}/login.html">{$LANG.account.login} / {$LANG.account.register}</a></li>
To:
      <li><a href="{$STORE_URL}/login{$CONFIG.seo_ext}">{$LANG.account.login} / {$LANG.account.register}</a></li>

/.htaccess (if it exists)
-----------
  RewriteRule ^(.*)\.html?$ index.php?seo_path=$1 [L,QSA]
To:
  RewriteRule ^(.*)?$ index.php?seo_path=$1 [L,QSA]

Thanks @bsmither I've followed your instructions.

Register works fine and when I click login from the registration page it accesses the login page and just shows /login in the address bar.

Login still shows /login.html in the address bar and still redirects to 404.

This suggests that your Foundation skin (perhaps a renamed and customized copy of the published Foundation skin?) is not at a CC640+ version.

You could be missing some nice added capabilities and maybe a bugfix or two.

• 3 weeks later...

This is very in-depth information. I'm having the same issue, login/register takes me to a 404 Page Not Found. I've updated to 6.4.3 from 4.4 using the Update feature. Everything went well, I can login to the new admin panel, images show up except for a couple that had been renamed for some reason with (1). Added the shipping module and PayPal commerce. Though I haven't done a transaction, it looks like PayPal will work in "Guest" mode. But still can't log in. I've compared the lines as bsmither offered, and everything matches. I haven't done any modifications to the foundation, it's all untouched from the new install. Any additional options would be appreciated.

Archived