CC upgrade stalled - GD Image Library

Robin Somes

Site: piscesconservation.com/cube
CC 6.4.10/All In One Shipping 1.0.24/Facebook 1.0.1/PayPal Commerce Platform 1.7.8/PayPal standard payment gateway 1.0.8 (disabled)/Product Addons 1.0.14/SagePay 1.0.12
Default skin

I've attempted to upgrade from CC 6.4.1 to 6.5.1 this morning, and the installation has stalled half way, with the following warning:

The following errors were detected:

Compatibility Check

8.1.16PHP 7.1+ (8.1 Recommended)
10.2.43MySQL 5.5+
Not InstalledGD Image Library
InstalledSimple XML Parser
InstalledcURL
InstalledZip (ZipArchive)
Installedmbstring (Multibyte String)

The site still appears to be working; the error message reports that the site is upgraded to v 6.5.1, but the databases remain on v 6.4.1 (or words to that effect; I can't recall exactly).

Looking at my hosting Control Panel, the server is running PHP 8.1, and the GD extension is enabled (or at least, the box to enable it is ticked, and always has been). I've asked my hosting company to enable GD, if it isn't already; so far no reply from them.

Questions:

1. Is the requirement for GD Image Library a new thing with version 6.5.1?

2. If not, how has my previous version of CC been working?

3. Anyone else encountered a similar issue in upgrading?

1. No.

2. Unknown.

3. There was something similar. That person unchecked the GD extension in the Cpanel, saved, then re-checked it, saved.

If you can get into admin, at the bottom of the left pane Navigation, click PHP Info.

On that screen, scroll to the table gd. That table will be located between ftp and gettext, if it is loaded - not present otherwise.

4 hours ago, bsmither said:

1. No.

2. Unknown.

3. There was something similar. That person unchecked the GD extension in the Cpanel, saved, then re-checked it, saved.

If you can get into admin, at the bottom of the left pane Navigation, click PHP Info.

On that screen, scroll to the table gd. That table will be located between ftp and gettext, if it is loaded - not present otherwise.

Many thanks,

I can access admin - I simply have a red warning at the top of the dashboard:

WARNING: Your store appears to be using source code from 6.5.1 but the database is still at 6.4.10. Please complete the upgrade by running the setup process.

The rest of the pages work as normal, and the shop itself still seems to function (though I haven't tried putting through a test purchase).

Looking at PHP Info, there is a "GD Imaging" entry in the Module Authors table - but no separate table just for gd between ftp and gettext.

In Control Panel, I have unchecked gd , saved, re-checked and saved, which has made no difference.

In other words, CPanel says it's installed, but it isn't. Job for the hosting co., then.

Thanks again,

Robin