where are the store settings values saved ?

The store settings are saved in the database table CubeCart_config, in the row where 'name' = "config".

The settings are all grouped into an array when being used by CubeCart's 'Config' class' (/classes/config.class.php). Otherwise, that array is given to PHP's function json_encode(), then to the function base64_encode(), then databased.

We have discovered that the size of all the config data, when attempting to serialize or encode, would fault because all that data was too big. And the most likely culprit turned out to be the Offline Store message (admin, Store Settings, Offline tab).

Please review all the Store Settings where there could possibly an abundance of content, and if any seems to be excessive, trim it down.

(The Offline Store messages had been created in Microsoft Word, and saved as an HTML file -- which included lots and lots of Word-specific formatting cruft.)

Edited by bsmither

The values you are saving in the admin portal are stored in the database. However, the values under store settings are not stored in the database. They are stored in a file called config.php. This file is located in the root directory of your CubeCart installation.

Having deleted the 'config' row in CubeCart_config, as you saw, caused all of the drop-down selectors to show the first choice (instead of the selected choice) of the range of choices. For Country, that would be Afganistan, for default currency it might be Australian Dollar, default language might be English (UK), etc, and all of the checkboxed settings to be unchecked.

The store settings are too big because the Offline Store message contains a lot of Word-specific formatting cruft. I will review the Store Settings and remove any unnecessary content, as well as the Word-specific formatting from the Offline Store message. I expect to complete the review and make the necessary changes within the next few days.

In summary, I will:   MaryKayInTouch

• Review the Store Settings and remove any unnecessary content.
  • Remove the Word-specific formatting from the Offline Store message.
  • Test the changes to make sure that they work correctly.

I will let you know as soon as I have finished.

• 1 month later...

OK, so I have this problem (I have one or two ..)

I tried deleting the 'config' row in CubeCart_config, in phpMyAdmin. Seemed OK. Went back in to the store Admin, Settings > Offline. In the source, still a load of rubbish that prevents me from saving simple stuff like the store language. I presume the config.class.php repopulates it somehow, but I'm in a loop and can't delete stuff to save the settings I want!

Deleted the 'config' row in the database, fetched the Store Settings page, but code is still present in the Offline Message editor?

Please find the web server's error log (not PHP's error log). If the web server is logging "Denied by Policy Rule" or some such (there might not be any logging at all with respect to this), then I would think the hosting provider has integrated some sort of security module on the web server. There are numerous forum conversations that conclude these protocols interfere with common data being saved when passing through the web server.

21 hours ago, bsmither said:

Deleted the 'config' row in the database, fetched the Store Settings page, but code is still present in the Offline Message editor?

YEs, that's what happened. No errors in the server log, as far as I can see.

I actually did a restore of the config line from my dB backup to solve the problem, which worked a treat. 

Edited by Nelly111s