Inventory question

cqpbert

I am wondering if there is a way to do this.

I sell parts by themselves and also as a part of a bundle. So for instance, I sell bearings by them selves. Lets say I have 50 in stock.

I also sell a motion kit that uses 10 of the same bearing. I could list 5 motion kits in stock since I have 50 bearings. But then if somebody buys 5 bearings seperatly, I can only have 4 motion kits in stock. Or conversely if someone buys 1 motion kit I only have 40 bearings in stock.

Is there any way to handle this either with a bought plugin or already some way in CC?

I wrote a "Bundle Products" plugin. However, now that you mention it, I am not sure I covered the case where the stock level of the "Kits" is based on the lowest stock level of the kit members. I will have to check.

Send a PM with your email address if you wish to experiment with it.

• 1 month later...

HY there i can see your post and i must say

Advanced Inventory Management Plugins: Look for inventory management plugins that offer more advanced features, such as handling inventory for bundled products. Plugins like "WooCommerce Bundled Products" or "WooCommerce Composite Products" might offer solutions that allow you to manage inventory for both individual parts and bundles.  MyAARPMedicare Login

Use Variations: Instead of managing bundles as separate products, you could set up variations for your product listings. For example, you could have a product listing for "Bearings" with a variation option for "Motion Kit," and customers can choose to purchase either just the bearings or the motion kit. This approach allows you to manage inventory at the variation level.

Dynamic Inventory Management: If the above approaches don't fit your needs, you might need more advanced inventory management solutions. Custom development or using more advanced e-commerce platforms might be necessary to achieve this. Platforms like Shopify Plus, Magento, or custom-built solutions can provide more flexibility in managing inventory for complex scenarios.

Thanks and regards

CynthiaWalden

Edited by CynthiaWalden