What is the current gold standard for MySQLcollation for CC6?

ploughguy

I have seen a bunch of discussions in the fora about code pages, and I read a bunch of them but did not find a definitive answer about the recommended code page for MySQL databases for CubeCart 6.

Is there a recommended collation, such as utf8_unicode_520_ci?

As always, thanks for your help,

Russ

Hi Russ, I would think that's the "best choice". However I don't know to what extent it could be overkill and if version 5.2.0 requires any more of less resources or if it makes no difference. 

I wish I understood a little more. There seems to be a lot of discussion as to utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci being a solid choice. 

If you have direct access to the database server, in its configuration file, set collation_* to "utf8mb4_general_ci", and set character_set_* to "utf8mb4" (character_set_filesystem is "binary").

The 'mb4' part allows for several new extended sets of emojis that require 4 bytes to represent.

• 3 weeks later...

Hii, myenvoy

You can use collations like utf8mb4_unicode_ci for improved Unicode support, especially if your website caters to international audiences with diverse character sets. This collation ensures proper sorting and comparison of Unicode characters.

Edited by Eleanor1