Images Not Loading

peterp

Hi All,

I have a few logos and product images which are stored in their appropriate images sub directories how ever when I create a new product or category or add a manufacturer all I get when I select images on the appropriate maintenance screen all I see is a spinning circle and the word loading and then it disappears and I'm left with blank image screen. All of the images are of the right size and are in their correct directories. I have attached a screen shot of the error log if this will help

Any help is appreciated

Best Regards,

Peterp

Date Message
http://localhost/champcoclothingtestnew/admin_ElnMlN/skins/default/images/select_all.gif Check/Uncheck all With Selected:
Today, 14:18 [<strong>Exception</strong>] C:xampphtdocschampcoclothingtestnewclassesgd.class.php:113 - Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg()
http://localhost/champcoclothingtestnew/admin_ZlX9zy.php?_g=xml&type=files&q=list&dir=%2F&group=1&product_id=3
Today, 14:17 [<strong>Exception</strong>] C:xampphtdocschampcoclothingtestnewclassesgd.class.php:113 - Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg()
http://localhost/champcoclothingtestnew/admin_ZlX9zy.php?_g=filemanager

Looking at the comments in the PHP documentation for imagecreatefromjpeg(), it says:

If imagecreatefromjpeg() fails with "PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg()", it does NOT necessarily mean that you don't have GD installed.

If phpinfo() shows GD, but not JPEG support, then that's the problem. You would think that --with-gd would do the right thing since it does check for the existence of libjpeg (and finds it) and add that feature to GD, but it doesn't in v4.4.4 at least on RHEL v2.1, RHEL v3, CentOS v2.1 or CentOS v4.3.

On those platforms, it's *important* that --with-jpeg-dir be *before* --with-gd. If it's not, GD won't build with jpeg support as if --with-jpeg-dir had never been specified...

That comment is from 17 years ago, and it may be referring to PHP4.

In admin, at the bottom of the Navigation pane, click PHP Info. Scroll to the GD table -- if it exists. Note whether JPEG Support is enabled.

Hi Brian,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you I have been swamped with work, anyway I checked the php info and there is no GD table

should there be a GD table?

Best Regards,

Peterp

Yes.

Please review whatever control panel you have to manage the stack - specifically the PHP version and the extensions enabled within it.

Did you mention a XAMPP stack? The stack controller should have this functionality to enable PHP extensions.

An Internet search suggests that XAMPP has a file editor. That editor is to be used to edit the PHP.INI file. In the PHP.INI file, find the statement in the [Extensions] block that has "extention=gd.dll" (or something like that) and delete the semicolon in front of it. Then restart the web server.

Edited by bsmither

Hi brian,

I have used the editor to check that the extension for GD is not noted out

This is what I found that was anywhere close to GD (see below)

; Windows Extensions
; Note that ODBC support is built in, so no dll is needed for it.
; Note that many DLL files are located in the extensions/ (PHP 4) ext/ (PHP 5)
; extension folders as well as the separate PECL DLL download (PHP 5).
; Be sure to appropriately set the extension_dir directive.
;
extension=php_bz2.dll
extension=php_curl.dll
extension=php_fileinfo.dll
extension=php_gd2.dll   (should this read extension=php_gd.dll)
extension=php_gettext.dll
;extension=php_gmp.dll
;extension=php_intl.dll

I hope this helps this was the only reference to GD  that I could find

Regards,

Peterp

According to this:

https://php.watch/versions/8.0/gd2-gd-windows

the actual file has been renamed.

So the question is: what actual version of PHP is in that environment? PHP4, PHP5, PHP7, PHP8?

Find the actual folder where all the actual extensions are located, and verify the actual name of the GD library file.

Make sure the filename is spelled in the PHP.INI file exactly as it appears in the directory listing.

Hi Brian,

The version of PHP is 8 I have followed the url address you supplied and it seems that by doing the following

GD Extension: Windows DLL file name changed from php_gd2.dll to php_gd.dll

If you were to copy php.ini a PHP 7 php.ini file to PHP 8, it now needs to use the GD extension with php_gd.dll, or in its extension-less format:

- extension=gd2
+ extension=gd 

it has fixed the problem and now the images are appearing correctly.

thanks again for your help very much appreciated

Best Regards,

Peterp