Google Missing Product Type Values

scythe000

I manually added a google_product_category column to the inventory table and set the most common one as default. It means I have to adjust the table entry when I add a doll, as the default I set is stuffed animals.

Then I added to the array for products.export.inc.php so it's included.

$header_fields = array('id','link','title','description','image_link','price','condition','upc','ean','jan','isbn','brand','availability','google_product_category','product_type');

$fields  = array('product_id', 'url', 'name', 'description', 'image', 'price', 'condition','upc','ean','jan','isbn','manufacturer','availability','google_product_category','google_product_category');

If you have lots of different product categories this would be more trouble than it's probably worth.

Here's my addition to the _inventory table. I used a large number of possible characters and chose varchar because of the >. Default choice is As Defined, and then I put in the most frequent category. The Null check box is NOT checked - that makes the NO in the screenshot. Hope that helps.

I found the least headache causing way to do this was to export the catalog in google base format than paste it all into a spread sheet and make my changes then paste it back into the txt format and upload it manually to google. It was a bit of work at first but now takes me about 5 minutes to do once a month after I add new products. I also need a manufacture part number vs ISBN, EAN, JAN or UPC. Using the spread sheet also allows for quick changes, quick new additions, and format changes so that I can use it for feeds other than Google as well.

Glad you worked something out that's easy for you. I used to do it exactly as you described. I'm on a Windows 7 computer, so when I Export I use the Open, rather than Save option and have it set to open with Excel. That saves the copy/paste step. I rename the old feed, save the open one and send it to Google.

I found the least headache causing way to do this was to export the catalog in google base format than paste it all into a spread sheet and make my changes then paste it back into the txt format and upload it manually to google. It was a bit of work at first but now takes me about 5 minutes to do once a month after I add new products. I also need a manufacture part number vs ISBN, EAN, JAN or UPC. Using the spread sheet also allows for quick changes, quick new additions, and format changes so that I can use it for feeds other than Google as well.

Oh, wow, awesome!

so, something like this? I just added the field, and for the moment, made them all the same category.

gbasetest1a.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Chris Palin

Does anyone know whether this was fixed, I'm running 5.1.0 and experiencing the same problem as described above.

Thanks

Hmmm. Since I've been using my own array, I hadn't checked to see what 5.1.0 was exporting until just now. I get the correct product type, BUT there is a huge gap from item 2784 to 3123 where nothing shows in that column. Then the last one I added as a cloned item has the correct product_type listed - and the one it was a clone of has the correct product_type.