Add to basket takes to error page

On the category page When a product has product options and the customer clicks add to basket rather than taking them to the product Page to choose options it takes them to an error page - page not found - however the error page address it shows is right except that it is missing the .html at the end.

Where would I find the code to edit this and what would I need to do.

The page is notanotherbabyshop (.com.au) if what I have written doesn't make sense.

Thank in advance I appreciate any help you can give.

I just tried it. If you use the browser back to see the previous page - the warning that you have to select options before you add to basket shows up. So it should stay on the same page until the customer deals with that warning. I don't have a clue how to fix that, but I do know that CC has been tweaking the code dealing with options for the last few upgrades - maybe they've introduced a new bug.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Viola

You're missing all the js files from /skins/notanotherbabyshop/js/ - they all come up as 404 Not Found. Looking at it with Firebug, I can see all those js files have relative URLs (eg. "skins/notanotherbabyshop/js/script.js") which is not going to work with SEO URLs enabled. It should be the full URL, including the domain.

Have you tried clearing the cache since enabling SEO URLs? That's about the only solution I can think of at the moment.

• 1 month later...

I'm having exactly the same problem since upgrading to 5.1.4. If you click on Add to Basket from a category page and the product has options then it strips the .html from the url and produces a 404 error. I've checked my skin /js/ folder and compared script.js to the default skins and it's the same and as i'm using a customised skin i always do a manual upgrade using the file difference report. There is a bug report for this which as added ages ago and no official replies.

Would you please answer a couple of questions and do some research for us?

You said you upgraded to CC514. Would you remind us of your upgrade path (placing this in your sig would be good thing). Like:

CC514<CC500<CC447

We need you to look at your database tables outside of Cubecart. Your hosted account's control panel may give you phpMyAdmin to do this.

Specifically, look in Cubecart_seo_urls and take note if there exists a record that has 'prod' in the type column, and the product's id number (not it's code number) of a product known to give you the 404 error when trying to add it to the basket. (It might be hard to loacte the product's id number, but when viewing that product in the admin's Add/Edit screen, you should see the product id in the browser's address bar.

If a record exists, what is the value in the 'path' column? If you can't find a record with that product's id number, we need to know that as well.