Nightmare Site With Many Problems - SSL - Google Checkout - Empty Bask

bigpedro

Am working on a site for a client that is a rush job. They wanted / insisted that we use CC5. www.gtectrading.co.uk

All installed fine - have customised an exisiting skin somewhat to suit the client. The problems have started coming to light now.

• Google Checkout - All integrated OK - However API Callback won't work.
  • SSL - When you click login you get a page cannot be displayed error
  • Basket - Occassionally when you click checkout or google checkout you get a basket empty message when it isn't empty
  • Postage options are not working correctly and I am reasonbly sure that they are configured correctly.

It just seems so buggy. When I have debug enabled many pages are showing errors of various types

Any ideas. Are all these problems related? By the way it is running 5.1.3

Regards

Pedro

Hi Brian - this is a different job to the upgrade that you spoke to me about this other day. I have taken your advice and put that on hold for two weeks. It's this one that is causing the problem!

5.1.1 may have been better for quick setup than 5.1.4. Is there a way to access a download of it? If not, I have it, but don't know how to share it.

Here it is:

http://www.cubecart....nload/5.1.1/zip

Thanks for that. Would you recommend doing back to 5.1.1 then? Assuming I did this I guess I could easily upgrade once the more stable version is released?

I can't speak for everyone else, because there are certain things, such as options and using other gateways besides PayPal that don't apply to us.USPS works correctly in 5.1.1, but not in later ones yet. I don't use Google Checkout or SSL. Creating an order from Admin is clunky, but can be finagled into working.

Since you've already modified whatever version you have, I honestly don't know what would happen if you go back to 5.1.1. I missed that you had already modified the one you have installed right now

If you do go back, upgrading once the CC version proves stable won't be a problem. You don't have to upgrade step wise, but can skip versions.

I found this quote from Al in an old thread, while trying to find info for you about downgrading:

I'd recommend renaming your skin folder and edit the config file in it too to match the changes. Then in the future when you upgrade changes won't get written over.

That's what I did. I have all my edited skin files in their own mykurouto folder. It required a few edits to get the folder recognized, but nothing I couldn't figure out - don't remember what I did now, though - can probably look back through notes and figure it out if you need it.

If your changes were mostly in the skin, at least you could more easily retain them for the future upgrade process. As long as I have a File Diff report I can manage it quite easily.

If I decide to go back to 5.1.1 can't I just export my products and associated images and a copy of my skin. Delete everything i have and then install a fresh 5.1.1 and add in the skin and import the products? OK - I will have to sort out various site docs etc - but seems a small price to pay.

I don't remember that any database changes were made on these updates, so other than backing up as a precaution I don't think your data will be in danger. There were skin changes with the way logos were created, and you might have to make some other skin changes. The diff file is pinned for 5.1.1 to 5.1.4. You can study that to see what you might have to fiddle with.

I'm NOT the one to give you final advice on this, though. I think I'm right, but you need more knowledgeable advice than mine before going this route. Try contacting Bsmither, Sir William, Viola, or Toucan Web Design. Robsta's honeymooning I think. Trouble is, I think they're all UK, so you may not get an answer as quickly as you'd like, what with the time difference.

I'm going offline myself for the night, so good luck to you, and I'll check with you tomorrow.

Thanks Dirty Butter for your help. I have gone back to 5.1.1 and whilst this has seemingly corrected some of the errors such as the SSL and the empty basket - I still can't get google checkout working.

I can create a transaction and make a payment through google. However, the transaction appears in CC admin as a ghost customer and none of the customer info comes through. In addition the API Callback isn't working so the status is never updated - finally google are sending emails about this.

Any ideas?