USPS Module not showing

Guest alvarito

Guest alvarito

Hello,

I recently started revamping my website using the latest Cubecart version 5.1.4, and I tried setting up USPS for our international customers (its cheaper for me). However, I enabled it and during checkout it doesn't appear.

I tried reading some similar threads on this forum and what I've done is the following:

Went to: https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/ and registered a new account, and shortly thereafter I got my username and password, although cubecart NEVER asks for a API password or username... just "a username."

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Guest alvarito

We're looking into why the USPS module is not appearing.

True, the USPS shipping API no longer requires a password. It's only used (so I think) to log into your USPS account at the USPS developer's website.

So its a problem within the USPS module ?

Hi guys -- I just got word from USPS that my ID has been tested and now moved to their production server.

But still show no signs of working, I cannot go live until this issue is resolved because I ship worldwide and USPS are the only real low-cost option available (I have just one product to sell currently).

Is there anything else I should be doing? Do I need to open a tech support ticket in this case?

I have all the IDs loaded correctly, stock levels, product info, is it my end or something else from CubeCarts? I am using 5.1.4 Pro now.

Thanks,

Mike

The key to troubleshooting is to see the errors in the Request Log. I just made an update to the USPS class a couple of days ago. It's in SVN but not release yet. I can supply the file to those who are still having issues.

:w00t:

The key to troubleshooting is to see the errors in the Request Log. I just made an update to the USPS class a couple of days ago. It's in SVN but not release yet. I can supply the file to those who are still having issues.

YES! This USPS problem is preventing a lot of people from upgrading to 5.1.4. and many of those who already have are really needing this module to work properly.

Hi guys, I just received my tech support email that it is now working. Yes, they are aware as far as I know, I had to open a support ticket though to get them to help, which they did within 24hrs (I'm in the westcoast US).

I went to my checkout and sure enough USPS is loading perfectly now!! Yeah...

I do not know what was done, but I had to provide full access thru my hosting site/FTP etc so they (CubeCart support) could login into my site admin and make the necessary changes.

I'm not sure how I can help, but I can ceraintly look at my server logs and maybe show some specs if it helps anybody else. Just remember I'm the newbie tho... :)

OK, on to Paypal Sandbox and testing that, then perhaps going live later today. Wow, been a month since I started this process, now so close...

Best,

Mike

Mike, don't use the PayPal Sandbox, it's a pain and not worth the hassle. Just setup a product for a penny and test it live. Much easier and quicker to do.

As for the USPS issue, alvarito, I am in the testing department. ;)

Anybody having the problems, submit a sales ticket and I'll send over the updated file. If it works for you, I'll post it to the forum. Thanks!

Awesome, thanks and will do. So far I am very pleased with how fast CubeCart is reacting here and thru tech support. I don't feel nearly as lost or alone in this process anymore, so my thanks to you guys. I'm so new to e-commerce merchant status, the learning curve has been steep to say the least.

Yes, I noticed how hard it was to get the Sandbox organized with fake accounts, etc. You just saved me hours of more BS. Cheers!

Best,

Mike

• 2 months later...

Shipping question for CC5: My flatrate USPS setting is only charging for the one small flatrate box. (If they order several items -- they will not fit in that small box/ envelope. Then the price of shipping is too little to ship in a bigger box.) )

Is there an all -in-1 shipping module I can get?

I want to ship several types of products in the USA and all over the world at the USPS flatrate -- using small, medium and large boxes.

I haven't found a shipping tutioral either -- I may be the problem.

Help me -- Thanks!!1