Resolved - Orders Not Showing In Admin After Upgrade

Ben224

Hi,

I have just upgraded via the dashboard to V5.2.2. During the upgrade the screen just went blank and froze. I was kinda expecting it not to run smoothly so I left it be for a couple of hours and returned. Checked the store front there were a couple of issues so I run the setup via my browser and the problems were resolved. The site now seems to be upgraded and functioning as I would expect.

Logged into admin which appears to be ok. The only thing that I cant do is see my orders...

When I am in the "Order Overview" page I see the listed orders past and present status, totals everything looks good but when I click on any given order I am just given a blank page.

Needless to say I cant fulfil my orders without knowing what they are.

Bsmither can you help? Can anyone help?

I need a swift solution if possible

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for responding,

I checked and dont have any errors logged. The only debug error i can find is this:

PHP:
[Warning] /home/yfgtredyu/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php:367 - Division by zero

Means nothing to me so im not sure that its related or relevant?

I haven't found anything related to viewing any order(s). The error is related to calculating and creating the pagination sequence used to move from page to page through a list. But there is no "list" of anything that would required moving through pages of it when viewing a specific order.

I did find a problem with pagination as it relates to showing pages of items that have low stock levels.

There is a new configuration setting: "Stock Warnings per page". Make sure that is a number greater than 0.

Also, in Maintenance, Rebuild tab, clear all the caches.

Thanks for responding.

Cache's emptied and Stock Warnings Per Page set to greater than 1.

Still getting served a blank page.

I can access the customers details from the "Orders Overview" page but not the order.

I am trying to avoid doing a force upgrade if possible. Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

I complety cleared cache and cookies in my browser logged out and back into dashboard with the debugger enabled.

This is what I see. It may or may not be related?

PHP:
[Warning] /home/yfgtredyu/public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_resource.php:720 - filemtime() [function.filemtime.php]: stat failed for /home/yfgtredyu/public_html/cache/skin/be09137903e5af76989160f6d4517f2835707e8a.file.element.paginate.php.php
[Warning] /home/yfgtredyu/public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_resource.php:720 - filemtime() [function.filemtime.php]: stat failed for /home/yfgtredyu/public_html/cache/skin/18aa8357355cd08c94a5f39d96594e953efd01ed.file.dashboard.index.php.php
[Warning] /home/yfgtredyu/public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_resource.php:720 - filemtime() [function.filemtime.php]: stat failed for /home/yfgtredyu/public_html/cache/skin/c6df2c4fb8cd1d5ad80156d9ec14f83264b71885.file.main.php.php

Thanks

Not related. The PHP function filemtime() is used by Smarty to determine when a cached skin file should be replaced as a matter of keeping the skin HTML somewhat current. You will see these from time to time and can be ignored.

Here is what I would like for you to do: In the file /classes/db/database.class.php, at around line 360, find:

public function pagination($total_results = false, $per_page = 10, $page = 1, $show = 5, $var_name = 'page', $anchor = false, $glue = ' ', $view_all = true) {
        if (!$total_results && !is_null($this->_found_rows) && is_numeric($this->_found_rows)) {
            $total_results    = $this->_found_rows;
        }
Add this line after that:
if(empty($per_page)) {print_r($per_page); echo debug_backtrace();}

Save this file to the server, in the browser, click a link to an order, and note what, if any, strange text may show up at the top of the page. Let us know what that is.

Made the change but no change, getting a blank page. Just to be sure I have dropped your line of code in the correct position:

public function pagination($total_results = false, $per_page = 10, $page = 1, $show = 5, $var_name = 'page', $anchor = false, $glue = ' ', $view_all = true) {
        if (!$total_results && !is_null($this->_found_rows) && is_numeric($this->_found_rows)) {
            $total_results    = $this->_found_rows;
        }
if(empty($per_page)) {print_r($per_page); echo debug_backtrace();}
        $glue = (!$glue) ? ' ' : $glue;
        // Lets do some maths...
        $total_pages    = ceil($total_results/$per_page);

So the debug error you mentioned earlier must have come from someplace else, not when viewing an order.

Or do you regularly see this, even when there is only the debug section on the displayed page.

Or is the page completely blank -- nothing at all?

Correct the debug info is coming from the the main dashboard page only. I am not able to view anything but a completly blank page when viewing an order, including any debug information.

So yes Completely blank -- Nothing at all.

If I view the page in Firebug the only thing present is:

<html>

<head>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

Looking at my cpanel I cant see any PHP error logs.

I only have a "File does not exist" error for the           /includes/lib/OFC/open-flash-chart.swf

I think this is related to the sales statistics chart that loads "now and then" when I log into admin.

Hi, yes it does exist I just went in and checked.

I also went into the data base with php my admin just to be have a quick look to see if I could spot any weirdness. The order summaries are all in the data base, everything looks ok.

When I click to view orders in dashboard the order ID that is called is correct from what I can see in the address bar.

Im lost!

Is it worth doing a force upgrade or would this just complicate things further? I have a feeling that the upgrade just hasnt executed properly.

Hi thought it may benefit other users to close this thread with the results of my Ticket submission to support.

The reason for orders not showing after upgrade was that for some reason, the /includes/functions.inc.php file was set to Read-Only so it wasn't being overwritten with the updated version.

Support have resolved this issue on my behalf.

Thank you Bsmither for your perseverance.