Hidden products, e.g. for private sales

salvador21

It's not a stock function. Setting a product's status to 'Disabled' or its category to 'Hidden/Disabled' will present a page with nothing where the product details should be.

Yes, I thought that setting category to disabled, and putting the product in that category would work, but it doesn't, it just shows blank.

That's a pity, I think this would be a very useful function.

There is this: http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=15669

(But be sure to ask about Goober on those forums.)

Thanks, that looks good, but what I need is something for people who are not already customers. Unless I'm misunderstanding, that works with existing customers only.

I'm thinking something like Youtube. All public videos are searchable, but you can have a private video that is not searchable, however people with the URL can view it.

That's odd, I got an email notification for a post with a link to a mod (in this thread), but I am unable to see it here.

I've hidden that comment from view until another moderator decides if it should be allowed. Since the person with the mod has contacted you, it would be more logical for them to give you the link directly via PM. Sorry for the inconvenience.

That's odd, I got an email notification for a post with a link to a mod (in this thread), but I am unable to see it here.

I've hidden that comment from view until another moderator decides if it should be allowed. Since the person with the mod has contacted you, it would be more logical for them to give you the link directly via PM. Sorry for the inconvenience.

OK, understood. 

But the mod didn't work anyway.

Just to point out something...

CubeCart uses a standard format for calling up the Product Details screen: /index.php?_a=product&product_id=2

There will be major programming headaches to switch that off and use search engine friendly URLs only.

One could progress through all the product_id numbers and view every product you have. Now, your "hidden" product is discoverable with a bit of perseverance -- a very lot of perseverance if you have 10,000 products. No! Hidden products are, in fact, hidden. Period.

If the "invited person" were to be given a URL such as: index.php?_a=product&product_id=2&permission_code

that should work. The presence of the code would unhide the product.

What do you think of that approach?

Hi ics1010 - I really don't know if it's OK for your link to show or not. I'm not the main moderator. When I'm not sure about something I hide it and report it to someone else.

Instead of giving a link, can you put the actual code in a comment? That way this thread can continue and salvador21 may be able to tell if they have an error in their use of your code. This would also be a way for other people to benefit from your code.

I have nothing against posting the code, but it's a plug so it involves a few files. It basically adds a private_item field to the CubeCart_inventory table which is editable in the product edit page. Hooks are added to the searches for category, fulltext and popular products to keep them from being displayed when the toggle is set. The latest products already have a toggle field for keeping them from appearing. When someone has the item id for the url, it will show up. From what I read from bsmither though, it looks like hidden already does that. If it doesn't, the code is not obfuscated so anyone can read and modify it.