Mican Blue Skin - Help Please

Hi,

I am nearly finished customizing a client's store using the Mican Blue skin but I have 2 problems I can't solve.

1 - the Search Box - How do I change the colour of the word SEARCH - it is in Blue and I want it to be black

2 - not sure if this this a Mican thing or a general thing - when I click on a main category, I see the sub categories  with their images but underneath is a line 'No products found' how do I get rid of this line?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim

1. The word Search above the textbox, or the phrase "Search our store" that is in the textbox until you click in it?

If the first, in the blue sub-style folder, layout.css file, find:

#header #boxes h2 {
  color#754C24;
}

But this will change the <h2> text in all header boxes.

If the second, in common.css, find:

#quick_search span.search > input {

color: #717171;

2. To get rid of the phrase, in admin, Languages, click the flag of the language you want to edit, select Category from the drop-down selector, then remove the phrase from the 'no_products' key. You will have to do this for each language you've enabled in your store.

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to help but unfortunately, neither suggestion works.

I had already found the 

#header #boxes h2 {
  color: #754C24;
}

and changed it, colour is still blue.

I hadn't found 

#quick_search span.search > input {

color: #717171;

but I did and changed it as well - still blue.

As detailed below, I have done a fresh install of CC and will fiddle with the css and see what happens.

The second answer also does not work.

I tried it on the live store, no change, tried it on the development store, also didn't work.

So, not liking to be beaten, I did a fresh install of 5.2.2 and created 2 categories with no products. Then edited the language file as per your suggestion - again it didn't work. So I downloaded the entire site and searched every file for the text I had used to replace 'no products found'. I can find the text I used but it doesn't show up, I still get the 'no prooducts found'.

I am now completely baffled so me next step is to do a clean install on a different domain - I have one that is dormant and have never had CC installed and we'll see what happens - I'll be back to report!

Thanks

Tim 

Ok,

A little progress.

Clean install of 5.2.2

I can now get the colour of the h2 text to change to black on the clean install but it does not work of the live site so I must have changed some else in another css file that is overriding it - I'll investigate this one further.

However the 'no products found' is still not behaving. I have tried everything I can think of, including editing the 'definitions' file. I have searched every file, php, xml and everything else for the 'no products found' string and it only seems to exist in 'definitions.xml' so I am now completely stumped!

I am now wading through several inches of torn out hair!

Tim

Hi DirtyButter,

Not sure about the SPACE - do you mean prefix the string with a space? If so, that doesn't work.

Tim

Hi bsmither,

Really appreciate you taking the time to help with this.

you are right about the font colour - I have changed it to blue somewhere!

The clean install is saffronlake.com

admin username & password = tester

Please feel free to do as you like, I can soon down it

Tim

As I write this, I am being shown the setup screen. As such, this store is not ready for any modifications.

-A couple minutes later-

I am being shown the Kurouto Blue fresh install.

-A minute later-

I am being shown the Mican-Blue skin.

Hi,

Looks like we crossed postings. No, that's not the answer either, those lines don't exist in any of the php files in the Mican skins folder.

Tim

What has me beaten is where this text is coming from. The only instance I can find is in definitions.xml so you would have thought that by editing it there, that would do the job - unless of course it's in the database - next step - download the sql and do a search on that!

Tim

No, not in the database  - stupid idea anyway!

Sorry, had you confused with another poster asking for kurouto skin help. But I just checked, and the same line is in Mican.

skins/mican/templates/content.category.php line 82

I'm pretty sure it IS in the database in the language table, but this shouldn't have been so hard to get rid of.

BINGO!!!!

Thanks for your perseverance - really do appreciate you taking the time to help with this, if I can ever do anything for you....

I am still baffled as to why a simple edit of the language file in the admin side doesn't work and even more baffled as to why editing definitions.xml doesn't work. And yes, I do reload the page every time and check it in Chrome, Firefox, IE8 and IE 10!

Thanks again

Tim

GREAT! You're really not supposed to edit definitions.xml, but I think I remember editing it not working for me, either. I don't know why that particular phrase is so hard to get rid of.

It might be best to turn off cache in Store Settings>Advanced while you are developing your site.

"I am still baffled as to why a simple edit of the language file in the admin side doesn't work and even more baffled as to why editing definitions.xml doesn't work."

Once a phrase is edited in a group, the entire group it is then databased. Any databased phrases replace whatever was loaded from the language file. Any actual replaced phrase should now show as a different color background in the phrase editing screen.

Why the language phrase editor isn't working? I don't know.(Bug.) But edited phrases are supposed to be recorded in the Cubecart_lang_strings table.